Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transfering Down to a Lower Tier  (Read 538 times)

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Transfering Down to a Lower Tier
« on: February 04, 2005, 11:46:38 PM »
There are lots of talk about transfering up...let's discuss transfering down.

You may wonder why someone would want to transfer down....actually, it's really not that hard to believe. Most of us pretty much agree that beyond the Top 14 or so, all other law schools are regional.  Someone might transfer down because of location.

For example, someone who's a Mississippi resident choose to attend U of Mississippi (Tier 2) for the first year (save 15K-20K) because of low cost and he eventually would like to practice in for example Tampa, FL.  He might consider transfering to Stetson (Tier 3) in FL.   In this case, does he have a chance of transfering to Stetson even if he's in the lower 50% of his class?

BLUTO

• View Profile
Re: Transfering Down to a Lower Tier
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 12:12:15 AM »
Why the @#!* would anyone transfer down? The purpose in life is to go to the best school you can-  why sacrifice the very meaning of human existence for money?

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 09:48:22 PM »
Anyone else?

Natasha

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 10:30:27 PM »
The purpose in life is to go to the best school you can-  why sacrifice the very meaning of human existence for money?

I totally disagree with this, even if I could get into a top 3 school, I never would. I think what is important is to find a school you really want to be at.

As your chances, I have no idea, sorry, but I think your logic sounds reasonable me. However, I think if you stayed at tier 2, you would still have a good chance of getting a job in Florida. For example, our state university is a tier 3 and many law firms higher from neighboring states that are tier 2 and my friend who graduated from Notre Dame was iven a really good package deal to relocate hear to practice law.

GO_PTO

• Sr. Citizen
  • my children... I have returned for law school!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - helios933
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 12:43:49 PM »
The purpose in life is to go to the best school you can-  why sacrifice the very meaning of human existence for money?

I totally disagree with this, even if I could get into a top 3 school, I never would. I think what is important is to find a school you really want to be at.

As your chances, I have no idea, sorry, but I think your logic sounds reasonable me. However, I think if you stayed at tier 2, you would still have a good chance of getting a job in Florida. For example, our state university is a tier 3 and many law firms higher from neighboring states that are tier 2 and my friend who graduated from Notre Dame was iven a really good package deal to relocate hear to practice law.

you missed the sarcasm...?
(163+172)/3.5