Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Who Ran High School Cross Country?!  (Read 1103 times)

runner8

• At the Cape of Good Hope
    • View Profile
Re: Who Ran High School Cross Country?!
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2005, 12:24:52 AM »
I have been running since 7th grade.  All four years of high school and college.  Still running...I only do it now to stay in shape
Accepted: Pitt, UK, Saint Louis (w/39K), Seton Hall(w/24K), Stetson (full ride), Maryland, Case Western
Rejected: BU

txgirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • It's like raaaiiiinnn on my wedding day....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2005, 10:09:32 AM »
I ran x-country my freshman year of high school. I sucked so bad. Now I run only when chased.

LOL! I ran my junior year.  And it wasn't b/c I was athletic, but because a friend of mine, who was athletic, talked me into it.  Anyway, she quit, I stayed and got the 'most improved' award that year.  It always makes me laugh when I think about it cause I came in second to last at our last meet or whatever you call that race--and you would've thought that I won the race the way our coach was cheering for me when I got to the finish line. I do like to run (I played lacrosse in h.s.), but I don't like to do it for long distances and with hills and nothing to do but just run.  During college and a couple of years after I was much better at going to the gym, so I ran on the treadmill, but I've been out of commission for a couple of years now.
3.7/154, URM (maybe, maybe not), praying to the admissions god to be kind to me and let me in, damn it!

Oh, and I'm also slowly becoming a LSD addict, thanks.

BigBadBo

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2005, 07:55:39 PM »
haha.. some good stories

I've been out of it for a bit, but with Dustin I was running 10+ a day... now I just pretend to be fast.  A bit depressing.

As far as the moonshine - it looks like too much work.

The Name's Dali

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2005, 09:35:39 PM »
hahaha, I'm with you about pretending to be fast.  It is funny though, I am totally out of shape for distance running but I can run all out in full court basketball for 3 hours, while the guy guarding me is huffing and buffing.  I guess you still retain more endurance then you think, despite not running much.

TheZooker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2005, 12:34:44 PM »
The surest cure for any love of running you may have is to run in college.  After I ran out of eligiblity, it took me a full year to even want to think about running again.

BigBadBo

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2005, 12:38:00 PM »
haha, that's hilarious Zooker

many of my friends run or have run on the University of Texas team, but most of those who have quit/run out of eligibility never want to run again.

It's a whole different game in college.

WoeIsMe

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2005, 06:58:53 AM »
ran it freshman year in high school. the track was a 2 mile loop in the woods..  got kicked out when the coach found out me and a buddy would hide in the woods, spit tobacco, and rejoin the rest of the clan after they've done a few loops.

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2005, 08:29:06 AM »
 ;D ;D
that is funny....i loved the trails. 

I wanted to do college track but I had to work...always wondered how I would have done with someone actually pushing me....
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

TheZooker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2005, 08:54:05 AM »
;D ;D
that is funny....i loved the trails. 

I wanted to do college track but I had to work...always wondered how I would have done with someone actually pushing me....

Hmmm, for more information of running track/working see my UGPA...

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2005, 08:55:58 AM »
well...I would take that over mine!

DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.