Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: $$ at Temple  (Read 5292 times)

strouse

Re: $$ at Temple
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2005, 06:20:03 PM »
No comment.   :-X

Personally, its not so much you have that opinion of Temple.  You are certainly entitled to it and, should someone post a message asking for opinions on the school, I would hope that you would chime in.  Its the posts in topics such as these that are completely unnecessary and add nothing to the specific topic that are tiresome.  And as was mentioned before, if it was only once or twice, it wouldn't bother me, but everytime I see Temple as the subject I know you are going to have a post ripping the school.

Let it go.  I apologized.  Isn't that enough?  Or is it that you want to start a big ol' knock down drag out in this thread?  I'M SORRY FOR TRASHING TEMPLE!  I'M SORRY I DIDN'T FEEL SAFE THERE!  I'M SORRY IF I THOUGHT TELLING OTHERS ABOUT MY FEELINGS WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO!  I'M SORRY!  I'M SORRY!  I'M SORRY!

I think it's pretty funny that no fewer than 3 people have come to the defense of a group of buildings located in an unfortunate area, but very few people come to the defense of the victims of trolls and flamers on the board who rip apart the race, appearance, LSAT scores, etc. of fellow users.

Now let's get back to bashing Cooley and People's School of Law, because that's the socially acceptable thing to do.

Unfortunate area?  what do you mean by that.......................?   ;)

It's all good Twarga,  Temple has a pretty loyal following, like a lot of other schools.  I've let it go.   :)

twarga

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2005, 06:24:09 PM »
It's all good Twarga,  Temple has a pretty loyal following, like a lot of other schools.  I've let it go.   :)

I'm taking a break from LSD for awhile.  I really don't like being the center of all this negative attention because I made a snarky comment about getting mugged in a bad section of Philly.  Even after I apologized it didn't stop.  I'm too old for this cr*p.

strouse

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2005, 06:25:35 PM »

I'm taking a break from LSD for awhile.  I really don't like being the center of all this negative attention because I made a snarky comment about getting mugged in a bad section of Philly.  Even after I apologized it didn't stop.  I'm too old for this cr*p.

Peace out!

Its almost time for me to go too...

qtip2012

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT: 162 UGPA: 3.06
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2005, 06:28:30 PM »
There are alot of delicate flowers in this thread.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=MrGrieves

Heaven: Northeastern (w/ $8500), Brooklyn, Roger Williams (w/ $20000), St. John's (w/ 12500), Hofstra (w/ $16000), Case Western (w/ $9000), American
Hell: BU
Purgatory: UConn, Cardozo

Applied: Temple

strouse

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2005, 06:29:59 PM »
There are alot of delicate flowers in this thread.

LOL, bit of an overreaction wouldn't you say?

lauralynne

• Sr. Citizen
  • '02 PSU Alum
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LangelK
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2005, 06:32:22 PM »
Was just notified that I'll be getting $4500/year in state.  Part of the Law Faculty Scholarship.

Me too...congrats!
I will be a Nittany Lion turned Pitt Panther for 1L 2005.

www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=xpsupiphi

JDubs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2005, 06:56:50 PM »
Was just notified that I'll be getting $4500/year in state.  Part of the Law Faculty Scholarship.

Me too...congrats!

Likewise.

I trust Pitt is still in the lead at this point however?
LSN

Going to Temple's Evening Program in '07!

avalanchefan

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2005, 07:32:51 PM »
I just got a scholarship letter from Temple.  Conwell Law Scholar. 30k over 3 years, must be in the top 2/3rds of class.

mschuell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2005, 08:08:20 PM »
twarga-

Since I started this firestorm I thought I would say my peace and it will hopefully will get dropped.

I tried to add in enough qualifiers to let you know that I wasn't mad, or wasn't trying to fight, and I sincerely apologize if  you took it to be me calling you out.

And as others have said, I have no problem with you letting it be known that you thought Temple felt very unsafe to you- this board would be nothing without those sort of opinions.  My point was it seemed you went out of your way to talk bad about Temple's location, even when that specifically was not a topic. Not trying to beat you over the head, just trying to clarify that your opinion is very very welcome, and I actually kept it in mind when I visited.

I myself am under no illusions that Temple is in a great area, but in  response to your question, there are enough positives that overwhelm that negative.

I thought the campus itself was nice and busy, with plenty of places to eat and study.

Though I thought the outside of the law building was hideous I was very impressed with the newly renovated inside of it.

I liked the atmosphere overall and my conversation with the administration went very well.

Doing some research I am very pleased with Temple's placement rate in Philly and with its regional rep.

Overall, while the campus area is a slight negative to me, its made up by other factors, and I am pretty excited about going there in the fall.

Hope this adds something to the discussion, and once again sorry if I offended you.

Also congrats to the ones getting scholarships from Temple- I got a little one (10,000 non-renewable) so I am jealous.  :P
3.35, 163

Attending: Seton Hall
Accepted:  Rutgers-Newark ($), Villanova, Brooklyn ($), Temple($),  American, Seton Hall($), Cardozo PT                      
Rejected: Fordham, GMU
Waitlisted:Pending:  None

JDubs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2005, 08:51:12 PM »
mschuell, I am pretty much ready to commit to TU next fall.  The money today put it over the top, far too good a deal in state to pass up.  Do you have a focus in mind?
LSN

Going to Temple's Evening Program in '07!