Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: $$ at Temple  (Read 5286 times)

djugadore

• View Profile
$$ at Temple
« on: February 04, 2005, 05:52:01 PM »
12k/year just received letter at home address today.
LSAT: 168 GPA: 3.78
Attending: Georgetown
Accepted: Georgetown, GW, UMD, Temple, Catholic, UPenn
Waitlisted: UVA

JDubs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: $$ at Temple
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 01:16:37 PM »
Was just notified that I'll be getting $4500/year in state.  Part of the Law Faculty Scholarship.
LSN

Going to Temple's Evening Program in '07!

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 01:18:18 PM »
Congrats guys! :)
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

twarga

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 01:19:41 PM »
12k/year just received letter at home address today.

Ooh, mail comes in an hour... maybe today's my lucky day!

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 01:21:28 PM »

~Crosses Fingers for Twarga~ Good luck! :)
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

twarga

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 01:25:27 PM »

Temple scared the bejeezus out of me, though.  They'd have to pony up some big bucks to make me want to go there.  I figure with all the money and jewelry I'll lose through frequent muggings, they'll at least have to help me break even.   ;)

mschuell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 03:47:43 PM »

Temple scared the bejeezus out of me, though.  They'd have to pony up some big bucks to make me want to go there.  I figure with all the money and jewelry I'll lose through frequent muggings, they'll at least have to help me break even.   ;)

No offense, but is it really necessary to trash the Temple campus in so many of your posts?

We get it- You think Temple is a warzone, unsafe, etc.

I visited and personally thought the area was safe enough and I was incredibly impressed with the Law School overall.

I know you don't mean anything bad by your comments, but as someone who will most likely attend Temple next year, it is slightly annoying to have the area be trashed non-stop, especially when in my opinion you are exaggerating about how bad it is.  I certainly won't be wandering the streets at night far away from campus, but the campus itself seems very safe, and since I will be living in Center City that's enough for me.

Again, I mean no offense, but you seem to bring it up a lot and I think you are giving Temple a worse rep than it deserves.

Just my two cents.
3.35, 163

Attending: Seton Hall
Accepted:  Rutgers-Newark ($), Villanova, Brooklyn ($), Temple($),  American, Seton Hall($), Cardozo PT                      
Rejected: Fordham, GMU
Waitlisted:Pending:  None

twarga

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2005, 04:18:02 PM »
Again, I mean no offense, but you seem to bring it up a lot and I think you are giving Temple a worse rep than it deserves.

Just my two cents.

How could I give Temple any kind of reputation, good or bad?  I'm posting my opinion, my two cents, so to speak.  I'm entitled to my opinion, as are you.  If you don't agree with what I have to say, counter it with some positives about Temple, instead of just criticizing my right to say whatever I want about a school I visited and got a very bad impression of.  In fact, I'd like to hear some positive things about Temple.  Maybe it would help change my mind.

twarga

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2005, 04:19:32 PM »
...I also hear some really bad things about Cooley, and I don't see you stepping up to bat for them.   ;)

strouse

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2005, 06:01:19 PM »

Just my two cents.

How could I give Temple any kind of reputation, good or bad?  I'm posting my opinion, my two cents, so to speak.  I'm entitled to my opinion, as are you.  If you don't agree with what I have to say, counter it with some positives about Temple, instead of just criticizing my right to say whatever I want about a school I visited and got a very bad impression of.  In fact, I'd like to hear some positive things about Temple.  Maybe it would help change my mind.

Twarga-

They do have a point.  Every time you see a Temple thread you act as though its your mission to bash the school.  I went to Temple undergrad and get offended at your posts too.  If it were once or twice, no big deal, but it seems to be every chance you get.

What's up with that Btw?  Why do you feel it so necessary to trash a school that many of us have or want to go to?

:P :P