Faure

• Meow
    • AOL Instant Messenger - leoninshikari
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Faure_Fan
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: $$ at Temple
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2005, 04:12:35 PM »
Thanks Dubs! Does anyone know of any good sites to search for housing besides Craig's list?

JDubs

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2005, 07:19:38 AM »
Thanks Dubs! Does anyone know of any good sites to search for housing besides Craig's list?

check out philadelphiaweekly.com.  They have a bunch of stuff listed through the city. 

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2005, 05:44:20 PM »
In the projected aid package they sent to you (if asked), did any of you get need-based grants?

thank you

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2005, 06:32:16 PM »
In the projected aid package they sent to you (if asked), did any of you get need-based grants?

thank you

No for me, and my expected financial contribution was zero.

I emailed the financial aid office and they said the funds are limited and they try to give the grants to people who haven't gotten any scholarships (I received a non-renewable 10,000 First Year Scholar grant).

She also said the grants are typically no more than 1,800 dollars and are only for the first year.

NYBound05

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2005, 06:42:34 PM »
I received a scholarship from Temple today. 100% of tuition paid for the first year and 50% paid for the 2nd and 3rd years, respectively.

Faure

• Meow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2005, 07:22:59 PM »
Congrats SWB05. Could you really leave the warmth of Berkeley for Philadelphia!?!?!

NYBound05

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2005, 08:17:44 PM »
Congrats SWB05. Could you really leave the warmth of Berkeley for Philadelphia!?!?!

Hehe, well us Californians don't really consider the Bay Area as warm... call us unappreciative I suppose!

But yeah I would, depending on the school and other circumstances (read: $$$); I'd love to go school on the east coast...

Faure

• Meow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2005, 09:49:58 PM »
Yes, the Bay Area is the "cold" part of California. Trust me, I was raised in socal and went to school in San Francisco. When you move to the east it is a huge change. Snow, the white fluffly stuff, is awful! If you are getting california tuition rates I would stay there. If you are truly interested in going back east, ask temple for more cash!

Faure

• Meow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2005, 09:54:46 PM »
BTW... housing in philadelphia is about 1/3 of the price of the Bay Area. For the same price I paid for a small room in San Francisco I have a 2 bedroom apartment!

JDubs

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2005, 06:42:57 AM »
BTW... housing in philadelphia is about 1/3 of the price of the Bay Area. For the same price I paid for a small room in San Francisco I have a 2 bedroom apartment!

faure, where are you living now?  I am south of the city but am considering moving this summer.