Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: W/L at Indiana U  (Read 1494 times)

Comm-Law

• View Profile
W/L at Indiana U
« on: February 04, 2005, 05:13:01 PM »
Looks like I have the dubious distiction of being the first on LSN this year with a wait-list from IU-Bloomington.

It figures... they were my first choice.  I really liked that school, the town, the campus, the instructors, and the facilities. Grrrr....

Well, I guess that 24K from DePaul is looking better and better.

- Comm-Law

ilsox7

Re: W/L at Indiana U
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 05:20:50 PM »
Looks like I have the dubious distiction of being the first on LSN this year with a wait-list from IU-Bloomington.

It figures... they were my first choice.  I really liked that school, the town, the campus, the instructors, and the facilities. Grrrr....

- Comm-Law

If you haven't already, set up a visit.  That will show some genuine interest.

Comm-Law

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 06:02:21 PM »
I've already been out there twice!  Once with my family to scout out the area and look for housing.  Then I returned about a week later to have a private tour/class visit.

While on campus, I met with Patricia Clark (Director of Admissions) and Fred Cate (Academic Advisor for the Federal Communications Law Journal).  Prior to my campus visit, I met Assistant Dean Long (Dean of Admissions) at the Chicago law forum.  I kept in touch with him via email.  After my class visit, I made sure to follow-up with thank-you notes to each of the people that were involved with the day ranging from the dean to the very helpful secretary!

I don't think I missed any of the ways-to-show interest short of bribes/flowers/and candy ;)

- Comm-Law

ilsox7

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 06:04:12 PM »
I've already been out there twice!  Once with my family to scout out the area and look for housing.  Then I returned about a week later to have a private tour/class visit.

While on campus, I met with Patricia Clark (Director of Admissions) and Fred Cate (Academic Advisor for the Federal Communications Law Journal).  Prior to my campus visit, I met Assistant Dean Long (Dean of Admissions) at the Chicago law forum.  I kept in touch with him via email.  After my class visit, I made sure to follow-up with thank-you notes to each of the people that were involved with the day ranging from the dean to the very helpful secretary!

I don't think I missed any of the ways-to-show interest short of bribes/flowers/and candy ;)

- Comm-Law

Can you play basketball?  That will make you an auto-admit.  We need help this year.  ;)

Comm-Law

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 06:49:35 PM »
Can I play... yes.... am I good.... that's a different story.

ilsox7

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 06:54:23 PM »
Can I play... yes.... am I good.... that's a different story.

You will fit right in.  Our team can't play now, either.  Next year ill be different, though.  Starting 3 Frosh now and have a stud transfer sitting out this year and a stud G from Arizona signed for next year.

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2005, 02:45:25 AM »

- Comm-Law

Nope, I beat you to it! Plan to send "extras" on Monday to see if it helps. I've never visited and don't know anything about Indiana, so I don't know why I'm so interested. . .

Go for it with the $24k from DePaul. That's great!

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2005, 01:20:11 PM »

A good blow job comes to mind.   

jaburk3

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2005, 09:52:13 AM »
I got my W/L yesterday, which really suprised me. I thought I was an auto-admit. When I met with the admissions staff, they were telling me about scholarships I would qualify for! With this being my 4th W/L or deferral, I am starting to get majorly bummed. I have an admit with a small scholarship offer, but it's at UK where I am now for undergrad and I really want to go to a higher ranked school for law. Oh well. Anyone know how many people get pulled off this list?

Byronic Hero

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2005, 01:34:30 PM »
I was waitlisted as well and was a little surprised.  I didn't have any intentions of going to IU after I found out that it is virtually impossible to gain residency in Indiana (of course this was a month after I sent my application in), but it was a reality check for me after a few acceptances.

After looking at LSN, it looks like IU is raising the bar, at least as far as LSAT scores go.  Perhaps they've had an influx in applications and can afford to be more selective.

Anyway, I'm going to THE Ohio State University where I will enjoy watching our football team dismantle the Hoosiers for three straight years.   ;D
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=ByronicHero

In:  Ohio State, Cincinnati, Kentucky, Louisville, Capital, UNLV and Oklahoma.
Out: W&L
Waitlisted: IU-Bloomington, Utah, W&M
Pending:  Case Western