Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any info on Case Western off campus apartments?  (Read 338 times)

steelcity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Any info on Case Western off campus apartments?
« on: February 04, 2005, 05:06:35 PM »
All,

I was wondering if anyone familar with the Cleveland area could tell me where the best place to live would be for Case Western.  I've heard Shaker Heights and Cleveland Heights.  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

ilsox7

Re: Any info on Case Western off campus apartments?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 05:11:10 PM »
Those are good areas.  You can also live downtown.  Basically, everything is dirt cheap in Cleveland.  Nice city and cheap as hell...a good combo.

AmericanConsumer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 03:12:21 AM »
do you have a car?  Close to campus there is the university circle area.  there're apartments at the corner of euclid and mayfield, and hessler road which is practically on campus is an awesome street.  Little Italy is a great area (if you map it out on mapquest, little italy is on mayfield road, between euclid and coventry), if you live near mama santa's though, you will be morbidly obese by the end of your first year, their pizza is delicious and ridonkulously cheap.  Coventry is another really really cool area.  There are a lot of bars/coffee shops on coventry, and the apartments are plentiful and nice.  If you live out there though it's going to be a 20-25 minute walk to class.

Shaker Heights is farther away from the school, but still a decent area.  If you lived there you'd want a car most likely.  Livind downtown would also probably require a car (unless you're really big on public transporation).  That being said I do know people who live pretty far out there and just take the bus in or get rides with roommates, so it's workable.

ilsox7

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 03:16:13 AM »
do you have a car?  Close to campus there is the university circle area.  there're apartments at the corner of euclid and mayfield, and hessler road which is practically on campus is an awesome street.  Little Italy is a great area (if you map it out on mapquest, little italy is on mayfield road, between euclid and coventry), if you live near mama santa's though, you will be morbidly obese by the end of your first year, their pizza is delicious and ridonkulously cheap.  Coventry is another really really cool area.  There are a lot of bars/coffee shops on coventry, and the apartments are plentiful and nice.  If you live out there though it's going to be a 20-25 minute walk to class.

Shaker Heights is farther away from the school, but still a decent area.  If you lived there you'd want a car most likely.  Livind downtown would also probably require a car (unless you're really big on public transporation).  That being said I do know people who live pretty far out there and just take the bus in or get rides with roommates, so it's workable.

Ahhhhh memories of my days in Cleveland.