Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted at Case Western!!  (Read 1804 times)

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
Re: Accepted at Case Western!!
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2005, 08:18:25 PM »
Congrats to all who were accepted! :)
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

qtip2012

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT: 162 UGPA: 3.06
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2005, 08:22:18 PM »
yellow, i hope we can add to case's diversity, me being a 24 year old going on 14 (hey looks arent everything).

ive heard great things about university circle, and hope to visit if im lucky enough to gain entry
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=MrGrieves

Heaven: Northeastern (w/ $8500), Brooklyn, Roger Williams (w/ $20000), St. John's (w/ 12500), Hofstra (w/ $16000), Case Western (w/ $9000), American
Hell: BU
Purgatory: UConn, Cardozo

Applied: Temple

kristay

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2005, 09:07:16 PM »
Congratulations everyone! 

runner8

• At the Cape of Good Hope
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2005, 12:14:18 AM »
I know the frustration! I applied at Case in early fall and I too keep seeing all these acceptances from people who applied much later without any word for me.  Maybe that is bad news... I have receive nothing but acceptances yet, so maybe it is time for one.  My stats are 159/3.8.  I've been accepted at schools ranked higher that Case, but maybe there is no rhyme or reason
Accepted: Pitt, UK, Saint Louis (w/39K), Seton Hall(w/24K), Stetson (full ride), Maryland, Case Western
Rejected: BU

YellowSpringer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2005, 06:32:46 PM »
Like you, I've been accepted to a better and closer school than Case, one that I'll probably attend. So why do I sit here, wringing my hands over getting an acceptance to a school that technically doesn't matter? Someone should write a thesis about this. Is it just a desire to know that someone else really likes me too? Or is it that I can't wait until school starts and can't concentrate on anything else?

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2005, 06:43:45 PM »
Like you, I've been accepted to a better and closer school than Case, one that I'll probably attend. So why do I sit here, wringing my hands over getting an acceptance to a school that technically doesn't matter? Someone should write a thesis about this. Is it just a desire to know that someone else really likes me too? Or is it that I can't wait until school starts and can't concentrate on anything else?

In my opinion, Case Western is the best school in Ohio.  It just nudges out OSU.

YellowSpringer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2005, 09:47:11 PM »

In my opinion, Case Western is the best school in Ohio.  It just nudges out OSU.

I could easily agree with you. I really liked Case, and I really like their IP rating. However, it is so expensive and, given that I'm in at OSU, it doesn't seem reasonable to ask my kids to leave Yellow Springs for Cleveland.

Berkeley, however, is so far away, that I might be willing to chuck it all here and move the whole family back into my Mom's 4000 sq ft house in the Berkeley hills. I doubt that I'll have to make that choice!

soupnazi

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2005, 09:54:42 PM »
did everyone get complete emails from case?  I applied about 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything besides my LSAC report request.

edit:  it's only been 2 weeks, I'm a little too antsy.

Tony Brooks1

• Sr. Citizen
  • none
    • View Profile
    • info
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2005, 12:27:13 PM »
yes-
that has been a huge turn on about case...
first of all they are responsive...secondly, they seem to act on the applications quickly...third, their website is informative, up to date, and overall appealling...

now if someone could jsut explain waht the name case western reserve means...haha
"Que ve esta noviembre?"

YellowSpringer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2005, 02:52:42 PM »
sigh...

CWRU was originally two different schools that merged. Case University and Western Reserve Univ or something. One was a technical school, but I'm not sure what the other one specialized in.