Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Appy in FEB?  (Read 676 times)

Payne

• View Profile
    • Email
Appy in FEB?
« on: February 04, 2005, 02:33:30 PM »
Hi, I have just a few question for my fellow Canadians. In Canada I think the only schools in the west that take app's in Feb are U Sask and U Vic, should I write the LSAT in Feb. or defer until June. What is the range that you should aim for in order to gauge whether you are ready or not? I have heard that if you can hit 157 you are good to go. What are my odd of getting in, I have a good GPA, but I applied so late in the cycle? What is the best school in the west for corp/commercial? Thanks for helping.

Payne

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Appy in FEB?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 09:25:37 PM »
32 people read no one posts?

Ameobat

• View Profile
Re: Appy in FEB?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 09:43:53 PM »
just my two cents (im sort of in the same situation)

1) I think if you're really gungho on going to lschool maybe defer for the next admission cycle. Why limit yourself the possibility and accept second best- especially considering how much time and effort it takes to get applications together, and preparing for the lsat. Plus with the extra time you get, you know now to get everything together *early*. If you're like me, you can spend one extra year saving so you don't have to be so strapped for cash the next year. Every little bit helps no?

2) I'm registered to retake the test in Feb and the mantra I'm going to go with until next Saturday is if I continue to increase my practice scores even by 3 or 4 points (...i'm also aiming for a 160.) I will sit the test, see how I feel after it, cancel if I don't feel like I knew my stuff a wee bit better OR i might keep my score if I'm feeling reckless (...i have a 146 from dec :/) You still have some time to continue improving.

3) As for the best school for corp/commercial-no idea.. Sorry

June 05