Law School Discussion

AHHHH......finally it's all coming together!

AHHHH......finally it's all coming together!
« on: February 03, 2005, 09:03:59 PM »
I got my acceptance letter from the University of Nebraska today!!!   I'm so excited, I'm shaking right now!  My husband just got a job with a police department there, so me getting into law school perfectly completes our plans to start our "grown-up" lives. An added bonus is that we can finally buy a house, which we could never do if we stayed in Minnesota (too expensive)!  I am so happy right now!

mmyles

• View Profile
Re: AHHHH......finally it's all coming together!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 09:41:15 PM »
Good job!

gentoo

• Are you talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 11:37:42 PM »
Congrats! :)

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 05:18:54 AM »
Congratulations!  That's great news!  :D

tiptoe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 07:40:53 AM »
Sounds like a cinderella story to me...  Congratulations!

HankieB

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 08:07:39 AM »
Congrats!!!  That's great news!

My husband is a police officer too...we'll be a regular law and order family once I graduate. ;)

Congrats again and good luck next year!

shadowcreeper

• LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 10:03:32 AM »
Congrats! I am glad things took shape for you. It seems like all the pieces are falling into place for you.

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2005, 12:51:21 PM »
I got my acceptance letter from the University of Nebraska today!!!   I'm so excited, I'm shaking right now!  My husband just got a job with a police department there, so me getting into law school perfectly completes our plans to start our "grown-up" lives. An added bonus is that we can finally buy a house, which we could never do if we stayed in Minnesota (too expensive)!  I am so happy right now!

congrats!!!! one word of caution--don't get too many loans or credit cards.  if you need to take out private loans for school, it may be detrimental that you don't hurt your credit rating.  not to say that you have bad credit or anything like that, but when you said you were buying a house, it just pushed a red light button in my head & thought i'd let you know.  owning a home helps get loans if you've been in the house for a while, but new loans and credit inquiries hurt your rating & a lot of good rates are offered if you have a score of at least 700. 

just something to be mindful of...congrats again!!! sounds fantastic.  don't love it when life just works out?!

perversely,

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2005, 10:41:33 PM »
Thanks for all the well-wishes!  I hope everything works out well for everyone of you also. 

perversely,

Thanks for the words of caution!