Law School Discussion

$ at Mich today

Stu

$ at Mich today
« on: February 03, 2005, 09:03:29 PM »
Accepted in December, got a letter today about the Dean's Scholarship - $15K total for me, but I think these vary quite a bit - 5K/year being on the lower end.

Just a head's up for other UM acceptees. I live in the next town over, so I probably got my letter pretty quickly.

Braden

• World's biggest jerk.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: $ at Mich today
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 09:07:46 PM »
Accepted in December, got a letter today about the Dean's Scholarship - $15K total for me, but I think these vary quite a bit - 5K/year being on the lower end.

Just a head's up for other UM acceptees. I live in the next town over, so I probably got my letter pretty quickly.

When were you accepted?

Stu

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 03:19:50 PM »
Sorry, I actually got my letter on Jan. 12. For some reason, I was thinking I had known before Christmas break that I was in at Mich.

So, in on Jan. 12, scholarship info yesterday, Feb. 3rd.

BigTex

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 03:43:53 PM »
Congrats Stu!

Did you specifically apply for this scholarship or did it just come to you out of the blue? If the latter, have you sent in your FAFSA info yet?

thanks!

Stu

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2005, 08:11:12 PM »
Congrats Stu!

Did you specifically apply for this scholarship or did it just come to you out of the blue? If the latter, have you sent in your FAFSA info yet?

thanks!

Thanks!

I didn't ask for the scholarship, no. I wasn't even aware of it.

It is merit based, according to the letter. As far as my FAFSA, I just finished it up a couple of days ago, so after the scholarship letter was sent.

I tried to find a link on the umich website, but I'm not having any luck. The letter said this about the award:

Dean's Scholarships are awarded to a few select members of our entering class whose academic achievements and demonstrated leadership promise significant contributions to both the Law School and the legal profession... Dean's Scholarships are awarded without regard to financial need. etc etc.

So I guess it's just one of those things everyone is considered for. Again, from what I've heard, the amounts can vary a lot for this award, with mine being on the lower end.

Javert

• Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2005, 08:13:24 PM »
I got this too, and it was dated February 2nd. [I also know Fragolina got a $7,000 year version a few days back]. I haven't even sent any financial aid info to Michigan yet (and probably won't).