Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: are people accepted with low LSAT scores mostly URMs?  (Read 24977 times)

maricutie

Re: are people accepted with low LSAT scores mostly URMs?
« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2005, 05:27:33 PM »
Well this thread was supposed to be about helpful suggestions for people at a bit of a loss of how to improve their applications, you however are posting on a thread about how non-minorities have no culture or soul and should just get over themselves because they will never be as good as you.  We don't have to all agree, however we should at least all be discussing the same topic.

I totally agree.. As a minority, I'd rather have more whiteys who value diversity than this dipshit who assumes everyone not agreeing with him/her is a bigot.

Yup.

Of course I'm adversarial in my responses, as are most good lawyers. And...I'm still waiting for  your specific critique of the substance of what i"m saying...you have fingers that can go tap,tap, so I'm not making it impossible for  you to debate me.

No, you're not. You're just making it very distasteful.

Your Mom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2005, 05:28:13 PM »
Just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't make them wrong, it means that you have opposing views.  It's your attitude towards people trying to move the discussion along that is irking the other posters.

ilsox7

« Reply #122 on: February 04, 2005, 05:28:38 PM »
Of course I'm adversarial in my responses, as are most good lawyers. And...I'm still waiting for  your specific critique of the substance of what i"m saying...you have fingers that can go tap,tap, so I'm not making it impossible for  you to debate me.

You've also advocated being unethical (hiding books) and stealing (others' notes).  Both of which will get you kicked out of the Bar.

BigLatinoNYC

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2005, 05:30:44 PM »
Don't think it would be too adventageous for you to start off your law career by stealing the opposing side's notes and destroying evidence.

Well,you better get used to trial practice, if you going into litigation. Interrogatories and discovery frequently missing. Obstructionism by all sides is, unfortunately, the rule rather than the exception.

Your Mom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2005, 05:33:11 PM »
there are legal tactics and then there's unethical behavior, knowingly stealing someone's notes and hiding their books because you don't like their race, is well unethical.  Litigation tactics have nothing to do with this discussion either, if you can't contribute to the discussion, stop littering this thread with your off-topic diatribe on why everyone can't be as good as you.

blackseptember

• if who mated?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2005, 05:35:37 PM »
Damn I wish my mom had married a Mexican.

Instead of just screwing the gardener when Dad's out of town?

ahahahaha
i can see the personal statement now-- "i was raised white, but i don't much resemble my dad. the truth is i'm pretty sure my mom was having a thing with the poolboy. one of my first memories is daddy storming out of the house and throwing his gin and tonic at jose and telling him to take his pool-net and chlorine kit and his speedo and never set foot on our estate again. mum has a couple of pictures of jose, though, and when i ask how come i have dark hair she says something about my grandmother but she gets really PO'd when i press her with more questions. that's why i checked URM on my application."

Nice how the only  "Mexican" mom must have access to is either a gardener or a poolman...Foucault is dead, god save Foucault.
This statement is false.

BigLatinoNYC

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 04, 2005, 05:37:10 PM »
No, you're not. You're just making it very distasteful.

Well, the OP is the distasteful one, and all who support the thesis, including yourself.

It appears that an argument is distasteful if you don't happen to agree with it.

Jennaye

« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2005, 05:39:14 PM »
Well, I didn't talk directly about my views, just discussing and reflecting upon my accomplishments as a political organizer/campus leader. I've heard/read that that's exactly what they do want.  Especially since it ties into my long-term goals...

Gotchya.  I thought you meant that you wrote about being anti-war, etc.  I'd definitely agree that they want to see the good leadership and organization skills you have.  My bad for misunderstanding!

Hey, no prob.  Say, what other schools did you apply to, fellow 160-er?  And why are you such a fan of Wash-U?  Yesterday I got word that they're offering me a spot in their PhD program.  Unfortunatley, I'm not a fan of cold winters or the midwest.

BigLatinoNYC

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 04, 2005, 05:41:07 PM »
stop littering this thread with your off-topic diatribe on why everyone can't be as good as you.

??????????????

ilsox7

« Reply #129 on: February 04, 2005, 05:43:11 PM »
Uber Reach - Michigan
Reaches - Wash U., BC, ND, GW, W&L, UC Davis, Hastings
Targets - IU, Pitt, OSU
Safety - DePaul

I almost went to Wash U. as a UG.  LOVE the campus.  And I visited this past week and fell in love with the law building.  I am also a big fan of St. Louis.  I've lived in Chicago, Indiana, the Netherlands, Cleveland, Hendersonville, NC and Switzerland in the last 3 years, so I am looking to return to the Midwest.  However, if one of my reaches comes thru, I will go there and figure things out from there.  :)

Where ahave you applied?