Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: are people accepted with low LSAT scores mostly URMs?  (Read 24548 times)

Your Mom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: are people accepted with low LSAT scores mostly URMs?
« Reply #100 on: February 04, 2005, 04:51:32 PM »
My point is that just as you're upset that we're bunching all URMs together, you're bunching all WHITEYS together

You started it.

Fine.  BigLatino, on behalf of all of the terrible, horrible, awful, no good, very bad whiteys out there I would like to apologize for thousands of years of cultural repression.  I would like to apologize for offending your senses with our paleness and utter lack of common sense, decency and intelligence.  I will have my tubes tied tomorrow so as to stop the spread of whiteness in the world. Clearly we have nothing to offer in this world and should just give up and stop trying to improve ourselves and our chances of getting into decent law schools.  Sorry it took me so long to realize how right you are and how so wrong I am.  Does that make you feel better?

BigLatinoNYC

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 04, 2005, 04:51:47 PM »
I'm latino. Shouldn't be a shocker to ya. There are more and more coming across the border each day. My cousin crossed over late last year,shortly before Xmas, he entered through Arizona. Now he's installed in a battery factory in Georgia.

And, if I'm "representing badly", I'm sorry to  hear that you focus on race when you hear ideas, instead of the ideas themselves, me explico?

BigLatinoNYC

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 04, 2005, 04:56:56 PM »
My point is that just as you're upset that we're bunching all URMs together, you're bunching all WHITEYS together

You started it.

Fine.  BigLatino, on behalf of all of the terrible, horrible, awful, no good, very bad whiteys out there I would like to apologize for thousands of years of cultural repression.  I would like to apologize for offending your senses with our paleness and utter lack of common sense, decency and intelligence.  I will have my tubes tied tomorrow so as to stop the spread of whiteness in the world. Clearly we have nothing to offer in this world and should just give up and stop trying to improve ourselves and our chances of getting into decent law schools.  Sorry it took me so long to realize how right you are and how so wrong I am.  Does that make you feel better?

It ain't my fault if you've got a serious case of "white man's burden". Maybe you should see a psychiatrist.

maricutie

« Reply #103 on: February 04, 2005, 04:59:53 PM »
I'm latino. Shouldn't be a shocker to ya. There are more and more coming across the border each day. My cousin crossed over late last year,shortly before Xmas, he entered through Arizona. Now he's installed in a battery factory in Georgia.

And, if I'm "representing badly", I'm sorry to  hear that you focus on race when you hear ideas, instead of the ideas themselves, me explico?

I mentioned that you were representing badly because of the apparent lack of logical cohesiveness in your responses. Your "ideas" seem much less than actual and honest attempts for intellectual debate, and more a proclivity towards antagonistic arguments.   

amarain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Atlanta Private Investigator
« Reply #104 on: February 04, 2005, 05:00:31 PM »
Kind of sad that he joined LSD solely to post drivel like this.

Your Mom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 04, 2005, 05:05:35 PM »

It ain't my fault if you've got a serious case of "white man's burden". Maybe you should see a psychiatrist.

Yes I'm clearly the crazy one.

BigLatinoNYC

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2005, 05:06:21 PM »

And, if I'm "representing badly", I'm sorry to  hear that you focus on race when you hear ideas, instead of the ideas themselves, me explico?

I mentioned that you were representing badly because of the apparent lack of logical cohesiveness in your responses. Your "ideas" seem much less than actual and honest attempts for intellectual debate, and more a proclivity towards antagonistic arguments.   

After thead hominemattack you follow with a non-sequiter. Why do you insist on slighting my "logical cohesiveness in my responses" instead of specifically debating my points in open dialogue??

BigLatinoNYC

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2005, 05:08:09 PM »
Well, if you say so.

Jennaye

« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2005, 05:11:22 PM »
I was just interested in what others in this situation (non URM or SES) are doing to stand out despite their apparent lack of contribution to 'diversity', particularly those who have done it successfully.

yes, very good question.  I tried to paint myself as an "intellectual-radical" -- i.e. research grants, study at Oxford-U, honors thesis, (plus very strong LORs), gov't internship etc. plus my anti-war and drug policy activism.  I tied this into my goal to do joint JD/PhD.  Who knows though, maybe I should have just focused on my activism.  But with a low LSAT score and high GPA, I wanted them to know that I'm capable despite low LSAT  :-\

WoeIsMe

« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2005, 05:14:36 PM »
Well, if you say so.

Just ignore this troll..  It's obvious this person is a perfect example of the flaws in race-only based admissions and is not bringing anything in regards to diversity.  Unfortunate for those URM who should receive consideration