Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Canadian percentage grade to GPA conversion problem  (Read 42378 times)

cdninoc

• View Profile
Re: Canadian percentage grade to GPA conversion problem
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2009, 02:24:42 PM »
the lsac.org only provides their standard scale...the one that everyone has been complaining about.  i could not find the scale you posted, is it really from lsac.org?

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

Anonymousjeet

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2009, 05:26:00 PM »
I was just wondering about the conversion method from a school like UofA which already offers letter grades into the LSDAS GPA. Like it shouldn't vary at all should it??

beakerboy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2009, 03:04:46 AM »
I really hope I get the same treatment as IheartNewYork.  I'm checking and there's a huge discrepancy in my gpa if it goes from the percentage scale vs the letter scale.  Like a 1.5 gpa swing. 

I wonder if the LSAC takes into account that my school includes the class average on the transcript and the average for my major was still under 3.0.

Here's hoping being old and having work experience is useful for something!

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2009, 09:09:39 AM »
I really hope I get the same treatment as IheartNewYork.  I'm checking and there's a huge discrepancy in my gpa if it goes from the percentage scale vs the letter scale.  Like a 1.5 gpa swing. 

I wonder if the LSAC takes into account that my school includes the class average on the transcript and the average for my major was still under 3.0.

Here's hoping being old and having work experience is useful for something!

Hehe. The American and Canadian grade systems are wholly different. LSAC recognizes this and they will use the letter grade for Canadian marks.

I never really understood the American rationale for using marks 10% higher to represent full letters grades lower than the Canadian system.