Law School Discussion

$$$$ at Ohio State

Re: $$$$ at Ohio State
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2005, 01:21:02 PM »
Have you guys taken into account the fact that you can become instate within a year?  So your costs will go down significantly for second and third year.  At least, that's what my 3L friend at Moritz said.  So you should take that into account as well.

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2005, 02:23:28 PM »
I got a $1500 grant for 1L, and $2000 renewable scholarship for all years.  Ohio State is definitely one of the more affordable state schools for an out-of-state student, since their residency requirement is so easy.  But still, I don't know if that's enough to make me go there...

I did it for undergrad - turned down scholarships to pay full tuition at Northwestern, and chances are I'll do it for law school too - turn down money in order to go someplace I really want to go.  Currently Tulane is in the lead.

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2005, 09:01:29 AM »
Anyone know approximately how many people apply for the Moritz Scholarship? I'm just curious because the full month it takes the committee to review the initial applications seems long. Of course, if 100 people apply, that's not far-fetched at all.