Law School Discussion

$$$$ at Ohio State

Re: $$$$ at Ohio State
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2005, 10:11:45 AM »
Same. I was really happy about the change of location. I ended up getting a wondow seat (left-handed) and got to sit everything on the windowsill to free up desk space. The proctors were two college girls who just sat there reading vogue and stuff. They didn't care about anything, but the atmosphere was really good.

The atmosphere in my room wasn't so good.  The proctor was really anal about rearranging the seats.  He screwed up the names a couple times, and mistakenly seated a couple people who were scheduled for another room.  Due to rearranging the seats, and screwing up the names, the test didn't begin until around 9:30.

Good for you on the window seat.  My seat (right-handed) had a very small desktop.

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2005, 04:37:46 PM »
jmb--
I wish I had done as well! Only $1k renewable, and $2.5k non-renewable.

btw... I was really tempted by BYU, even as a "card carrying member of the ACLU", but I couldn't get past the no coffee clause in the honor code. I wonder how they can justify no coffee when there is no restriction on other caffeinated beverages?

Oh well, sometimes there is no reason...

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2005, 04:44:02 PM »
Boo, boo, boo Ohio State. 

Take some of that money that you give illegally to the football players and throw some our way.

ct_rdr

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2005, 04:53:35 PM »
Has anybody gotten good money from them, yet? (yeah, yeah, besides the FB players)

ilsox7

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2005, 05:12:32 PM »
Has anybody gotten good money from them, yet? (yeah, yeah, besides the FB players)

Their basketball players got paid handsomely, too. 

ct_rdr

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2005, 05:37:12 PM »
Did you look at all the scholarships they offer, though? There are a TON. So, maybe all the money is just hiding there and you're just going to have to wait and see.

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2005, 06:37:32 PM »
My friend applied to Ohio State last year as an out-of-stater with a 3.5 GPA, 164 LSAT and they offered him in-state tuition with 5k.  He only had a BA and no WE at anywhere significant.  So my question is........Why so stingy now?

ilsox7

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2005, 06:43:17 PM »
My friend applied to Ohio State last year as an out-of-stater with a 3.5 GPA, 164 LSAT and they offered him in-state tuition with 5k.  He only had a BA and no WE at anywhere significant.  So my question is........Why so stingy now?

Couple things.  It's a different year.  Also, a few weeks back someone mentioned that tOSU was looking to increase their profile.  Well duh, who isn't?  But this may mean they are streamlining their big money to high level applicants in the hopes of catching a group of them.  When that doesn't happen, more money should open up later in the cycle.  Just my guess.

vickymaz

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2005, 08:02:30 AM »
Got my offer today. $6,000 altogether ($4500 renewable, $1500 for 1L and possibly renewable). I'm also in-state, so it'll be about $8,000/year for me. I'm still waiting on decisions from the big T14 fellows, though.

timthegolfguy

• 3.29 / 174
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2005, 01:59:48 PM »
just wanted to chime in here - I got $6000x3 w/ a one time of $1,500.

174, 3.29

I sent in my stuff for the Moritz, so we'll see what happens. I'm probably going to end up at Minnesota, but a full ride would be nice.