Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Best law schools in the South?  (Read 23344 times)

Holly

Best law schools in the South?
« on: August 01, 2001, 08:11:38 PM »
Does anyone have any opinions on what the best law schools in the South are?  For that matter, is there any ranking system that ranks schools regionally?

Rakesh

Re: Best law schools in the South?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2002, 07:15:34 AM »
I believe Univ. of Georgia and Emory University are among the best in the "Deep South."  Of course, if you consider North Carolina the "South" which many people do, I would be confident in saying Duke has the best quality in terms of faculty, quality, and job placement.  In Florida, Univ. of Florida and Univ. of Miami are well-known.  Hope that helps and anyone should feel free to disagree with me.  

mabel

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2002, 11:36:13 AM »
Don't forget about Tulane in New Orleans

T

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2002, 09:02:07 AM »
William and Mary, UVA, UNC, Alabama and Texas are all great if you are looking at state schools. Private Duke, Tulane, Vandy, SMU, and Wake. I realize Texas is not the south to southerners but it is to yankees. 8)  

anon

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2002, 09:57:38 AM »
Don't forget about Washington and Lee.

ded2syn

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2003, 09:34:06 PM »
;D
Please anyone, tell me if you think Stetson should be in this list.

prelawstudent

Re:Best law schools in the South?
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2003, 01:01:21 PM »
No Stetson should not be on the list.  It is a good school, but not great.  Vanderbilt and UNC Chapel Hill should be though.

Taylor Stovall

Re:Best l
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2003, 06:48:00 PM »
I need to know what other law schools are the best in the south and some lists about what kind of GPA I need to get into them like Florida State Law School.

lawdawg19

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2004, 06:06:04 PM »
The best Law School in the South may not be the hardest to get into. U.NC takes 80% In-State, Emory takes 20% In-State, Florida, 90% In-State...
Move to the State You Want....you'll get in, and save at least $10,000/yr.

ruskiegirl

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2004, 01:38:03 PM »
I think Vandy, Wake Forest and Duke are definitely reputable schools.  I would stay away from state schools, although they are steadily improving their quality of education and reputation among professionals.  Applied to Vandy and Wake, as well as all the state schools in Florida (I'm a Fl resident), but I won't end up at a state school, unless something goes seriously wrong and I am left with no other options.

PS- UGA is overrated as an undergraduate institution and as a law school. Its numbers are closely comparable to other (less reputable) schools in the south.  In fact, its salaries are easily comparable to the U. of Miami, which is at the lower end of the second tier.