Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Best law schools in the South?  (Read 25119 times)

GoDawgs

• View Profile
Re: Best law schools in the South?
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2004, 12:26:42 PM »

you will be at a slight disadvantage at the biglaw firms in Atlanta.  however, at midsized and small firms you will have an edge over Emory because local midsize and small firms think my classmates are snob/elitists and are just passing time before heading back north.  UGA is a good school though.  Some firms also like GSU grads, especially AGG.  This is, of course, strictly the Atlanta market I am talking about.

You may be right, but I know that BigLaw in Atlanta definitely takes UGA grads--and you are definitely in a good position coming out of UGA.  I am a legal assistant in BigLaw NYC right now and my top-five firm recruits at Brooklyn, Fordham and lots of other non-T14 school in the area.

My point is just that I think I would choose UGA over Emory (if I get into both) because the "slight advantage" I might have is not worth the extra $80K+ in tuition I will have to pay.

Tom

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2004, 03:41:09 PM »
In my opinion there are nothing but TTT's in the red states.

Dante Hicks

• Sr. Citizen
  • Whatchoo lookin at?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2004, 06:20:20 PM »
Dante: My aunt in an attorney in Cullman and says that if you are looking to stay in ALA then Cumberland is a very well respected choice.  She also says that they give out lots of money, so apply early to maximize your chances. ;)

Sorry for the late reply.  I've been trying to avoid this place for awhile.  Too many egos and bs (not that I'm any better).  I'm going to shoot for Cumberland but I'll see what I get on this upcomning LSAT in Dec.

I guess I can lodge with yer aunt while I go to school (heh heh).
One day it was so cold in Chicago that the lawyers had their hands in their own pockets.

DOWNY

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2004, 02:51:44 AM »
Texas Southern is the best law school in the south...no, ANYWHERE!