Law School Discussion

"Gone to committee"

jimmyp

• 3.57/176
    • View Profile
    • Email
"Gone to committee"
« on: February 03, 2005, 08:34:35 AM »
A number of my Complete notices have indicated that my file has been submitted to the admissions committee.  One of my LORs has just been sent by LSAC, however.  Does anyone know if schools will add an LOR to my file after it has been submitted to the committee?

Thanks.

Dano

Re: "Gone to committee"
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 08:57:40 AM »
A number of my Complete notices have indicated that my file has been submitted to the admissions committee.  One of my LORs has just been sent by LSAC, however.  Does anyone know if schools will add an LOR to my file after it has been submitted to the committee?

Thanks.

With numbers like that, who cares about the LOR?  I always get a kick out of these people that post asking about their chances when they have a 3.9/179.  It makes me wonder how they'll handle a REALLY stressful situation.

Honestly, at worst with your numbers, these schools are going to fedex you a fancy, obsequious card asking about the other LOR.

jimmyp

• 3.57/176
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: "Gone to committee"
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 10:41:03 AM »

Actually even with his numbers (which are very impressive, no doubt), he needs to concern himself with his LORs.  Considering he's applying to the top law schools in the nation as a white male with few ECs and no WE (at least not listed on LSN), his LORs will be important to gain admission to alot of those schools.

Not to downplay Jimmy's acheivements thusfar, the truth is HYS and other t14 schools see alot of people with his numbers... many with URM or SES and other EC/WE factors.  LORs could play a big role for him

Right on...  My low GPA makes all the fringe stuff important.  Incidentally I just got my complete e-mail from harvard and it says exactly where to look to find out how to submit additional material.