Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ATTN: lsat writers: when to piss???  (Read 1000 times)

V

• Sr. Citizen
  • MYYYYYY Turn !!!
    • View Profile
ATTN: lsat writers: when to piss???
« on: February 03, 2005, 09:52:54 AM »
i am respectfully asking those to enlighten the feb. writers by sharing their experiences of their preliminaries.

reporting time for us is 8:30 am.  my qs are:  albeit i know it will vary (i'm trying to obtain an average), at what time or hour did the lsat begin?  and when specifically should we ask to be excused to quickly filter out are bladders?

a recent thread on here has compelled me to think that peeing at a certain time COULD BE EXTREMELY advantageous.

tx. in advance. : )

btw, did any of you guys bring your cell and/or walkman but kept it put up, except of course during the break? i'd really like to bring my mp3, but the rules say no.  and a rule is rule.  just tyring to get a feel for what others have done or have witnessed.  again, tx. in advance.

66scorer

• View Profile
Re: ATTN: lsat writers: when to piss???
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 11:47:18 AM »
I've never taken this test before either, but my PS course instructor recommended that we bring an IPOD for the break and avoid conversations with other test takers.  I guess just to keep us focused on the task at hand.
February '05 LSAT - 157
UGPA 3.11

"Why are we violent but not illiterate?
Because we are taught to read."
Colman McCarthy

desmo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 11:50:52 AM »
i am respectfully asking those to enlighten the feb. writers by sharing their experiences of their preliminaries.

reporting time for us is 8:30 am.  my qs are:  albeit i know it will vary (i'm trying to obtain an average), at what time or hour did the lsat begin?  and when specifically should we ask to be excused to quickly filter out are bladders?

a recent thread on here has compelled me to think that peeing at a certain time COULD BE EXTREMELY advantageous.

tx. in advance. : )

btw, did any of you guys bring your cell and/or walkman but kept it put up, except of course during the break? i'd really like to bring my mp3, but the rules say no.  and a rule is rule.  just tyring to get a feel for what others have done or have witnessed.  again, tx. in advance.

pee anytime you want, it'll help distract the other competitors and cause them to get lower scores.

daroogoi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 12:02:07 PM »
I've got great advice on this one.

DON'T DRINK ANYTHING BEFORE THE TEST. 

You show up before 8:30, but you won't begin taking your test until about 9:30, or later if you have bad proctors.  You are not allowed to leave the room after you are "officially" checked in (which is when they hand out the testbooklet.  You can, however, leave the room once any of the tests have begun (but this cuts into test time).  I actually left during the reading comp (i usually have 3 or 4 minutes left in that section) because I was dumb enough to drink two cups of coffee about an hour before the test.

This translates to no sanctioned bathroom breaks from 8:30 to about 11:00. This time consists of filling out the test, and then taking the first 3 35 minute sections.  There are no sanctioned breaks during that time.

Regarding cell phones, pagers, mp3 players, etc.  Don't bring them into the room.  Assume that you will have the worst/meanest proctors in the world. 

Bring a silent timer, a bunch of pencils, and a good eraser (not the ones at the end of the pencils). 

btw, I got away with having one bottle of water so that I could have a sip or two to clear the dry, nervous throat.

hope this helps.
Applied: Duquesne evening/PT

lsat:159
lsdas ugpa:2.9

jaxon

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 12:22:58 PM »
i only sipped water before the test so i would not have much to pee out.  i peed right before and during break and was fine, though had cotton mouth.  to maintain my caffeine intake, i took 2 excedrines in lieu of my typical cup of morning coffee.  then i took 2 more during break...

i had a friend who used stadiumpal and was very happy with it.... stadiumpal.com  he scored well on test and said he was very comfortable relieving himself between sections.

V

• Sr. Citizen
  • MYYYYYY Turn !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 01:27:33 PM »
i just want to genuinely thank those who sincerely replied. :)

it helped!

WoeIsMe

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2005, 01:30:11 PM »
weren't you looking for piss-poor responses?

V

• Sr. Citizen
  • MYYYYYY Turn !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2005, 01:31:07 PM »
no not particularly.  my humor is declining and won't be augmented till test day is over.

V

• Sr. Citizen
  • MYYYYYY Turn !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2005, 06:46:31 PM »
The Lord of the Rings movies really taught me about fluid management.  I got up early enough (like 5:30) to have plenty of coffee and pee it out.  Then I only had a sip of water before the test and during the break. 

I didn't have to pee until like 3 hours after the test was over.

good advice.  tx.  i'll probably be doing this and most likely still asked to be excused immediately before. :)

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2005, 10:16:09 PM »
i pissed in the morning when i got up around 6, but other than that i didnt piss until after my 3rd or 4th beer later that evening.  luckily, when i get nervous i dont have to pee.