Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How to have an additional letter of rec sent to schools?  (Read 239 times)

Jgunnz

• Sr. Citizen
  • GPA: 3.64, LSAT: (156+166)/2
    • View Profile
    • Email
How to have an additional letter of rec sent to schools?
« on: February 02, 2005, 05:15:13 PM »
I sent an additional letter of recommendation to LSAC for processing, once completed LSAC it appears randomly chose which schools to send it to. A majority of the schools I wanted to receive it did not. It's been over a week and it appears the new rec is now stagnant and LSAC has no intention of sending it to the other schools that did not receive it.

Is the best approach to write my schools and have them individually request it from LSAC?

There is no way to put in a manual request via the website, and e-mailing them is like getting a response from an Altavista Translator (when I e-mailed them about this issue last week they basically said all the school operate differently in the way they request reports, which did not help me at all figure a way to get all my schools this new rec).
Brooklyn Law Prince Scholar ($17.5K per year)

wildcataz2004

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How to have an additional letter of rec sent to schools?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 06:11:37 PM »
I would call LSAC and see what they can do

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 06:36:31 PM »
yea, give lsac a call.

ilsox7

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 09:07:27 PM »
Some schools only choose to receive updated reports twice a month.  GW and BC are 2 examples, they only get updates on the 1st and 15th.  However, LSAC still hasn't sent them a report and it is EOB on the 2nd.  Bastards.  Haha, and I am actually complete at BC, so it's just GW.