Law School Discussion

-

-
« on: February 02, 2005, 01:18:09 PM »
-

twarga

Re: Soooo....HLS has opened a skating rink!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 02:02:28 PM »
Too bad you'll be so busy studying you'll never see the inside of that ice rink.   >:(

twarga

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 02:13:28 PM »
Mmmmm... beans on toast.  I had that in London, along with fish and chips, bangers and mash, all the local fare.  No wonder they're all pasty and fat.  Just kidding.   ;)

texas1

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 02:19:48 PM »
Mmmmm... beans on toast.  I had that in London, along with fish and chips, bangers and mash, all the local fare.  No wonder they're all pasty and fat.  Just kidding.   ;)

I made the mistake of buying my British wife some Cambells pork and beans when she first moved here (I had never had baked beans in while living in London). Anyway she practically choked on it and spat it out as it was "so sweet and sugary". That's what I grew up eating!

Yes I've had to learn all about sweets vs savorys and how the two are never to be mixed in the same meal.... :-\

twarga

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 02:24:00 PM »
Yes I've had to learn all about sweets vs savorys and how the two are never to be mixed in the same meal.... :-\

It's like the British form of keeping kosher.   ;D

gentoo

• Are you talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2005, 02:39:09 PM »
Psh, they got it all wrong. Its not about opening a skating rink at HLS, its about opening a HLS at a skating rink.

WoeIsMe

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2005, 02:40:16 PM »
filled with northern elitists who are out to get you ;)

Braden

• World's biggest jerk.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2005, 03:04:31 PM »

No, you're right!  ;)  I've never had fish and chips or that grotesque-looking bangers and mash....so ewww.  Beans and toast is really the only Britishy-Irishy food that I like.  Oh, and Ireland also has wonderful soups and of course, the soda bread..mmm.  And the Guinness, if you're into that sort of thing.  And Cadbury chocolate :)

Bangers are the ultimate British food. My Scottish grandmother makes scotch stew, which has bangers, it is my favorite.

Braden

• World's biggest jerk.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2005, 03:19:26 PM »

No, you're right!  ;)  I've never had fish and chips or that grotesque-looking bangers and mash....so ewww.  Beans and toast is really the only Britishy-Irishy food that I like.  Oh, and Ireland also has wonderful soups and of course, the soda bread..mmm.  And the Guinness, if you're into that sort of thing.  And Cadbury chocolate :)

Bangers are the ultimate British food. My Scottish grandmother makes scotch stew, which has bangers, it is my favorite.

2 of my roommates eat bangers every day.  I am concerned that cardiovascular disease may be in their future  :-\

Better to have 70% length in life and 100% quality, then 100% length at 70% quality.