Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Northeastern question....  (Read 367 times)

littletanuki

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Northeastern question....
« on: February 02, 2005, 03:02:05 PM »
Northeastern is my first choice school.  I am looking to go into public interest law, and I love their co-op program.  My stats are 3.53 UGPA, 153/162 (158 avg) LSAT, 5 yrs WE as a mental health counselor, and I've done lots of volunteer work.  I called them to ask about their policy regarding multiple LSAT scores, and I was first told they average them but look at both if there is a significant difference.  The woman I talked to agreed that 9 points was a significant difference.  I asked if I should write an addendum to address the difference, and she said, sure.  I don't know why I asked because I really don't have anything to say...I just did better the second time.  I would think that if they were going to take the difference under consideration when looking at my app, they wouldn't need an addendum from me in order to do that, especially since there are no extenuating circumstances to explain it.   :-\

How would you handle this situation?  I thought that I wouldn't have any trouble getting into Northeastern, but now I'm not so sure after looking at last year and this year's info on LSN.

Any help/opinions would be appreciated.   

imtheantelope

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Northeastern question....
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 03:09:16 PM »
I think youll get accepted (even if it is after a waitlist) and I think they will consider the 9 point difference substantial... Im not sure exactly what you should say on your addendum (Ill leave that to somebody else), but I think your in pretty good shape...
Accepted: Suffolk, Albany$, New York Law$, Hofstra$, Touro$
Waitlisted:  Brooklyn, Northeastern, Villanova, American
Denied: Fordham, Temple
ATTENDING: ST JOHNS

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=imtheantelope

littletanuki

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 03:15:31 PM »
Thanks antelope.  :) I'd prefer not to write an addendum at all.  I guess I think it would come off whiny...I would do it if it would make a difference though....  *sigh*  I think I'm going to strangle the mailman if he doesn't bring me what I want soon!

imtheantelope

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 03:32:22 PM »
I think that unfortunately a waitlist is headed your way... Id say without an addendum that is a BIT more likely, but there is a good chance that if your application is already in committee and you havent written it yet it may not even make it to you app in time for a decision (even if it is waitlist).... personally, I wouldnt bother with the addendum.. because the lsat spread is so significant I dont think an addendum with little or no purpose will help much
Accepted: Suffolk, Albany$, New York Law$, Hofstra$, Touro$
Waitlisted:  Brooklyn, Northeastern, Villanova, American
Denied: Fordham, Temple
ATTENDING: ST JOHNS

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=imtheantelope

Rowgirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.3/165
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 05:13:57 PM »
Unless you have some real reason for the difference, which it seems like you don't, I wouldn't bother writing an addendum.  Hopefully you'll get in though, we can be classmates next year (NU is also my top choice!)
In: BC, Northeastern ($), Quinnipaic ($$), Suffolk ($), Temple ($)
Waitlisted: W&M, W&L
Out: BU
Attending: BC

littletanuki

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2005, 06:56:22 PM »
I guess I'll just be doing some serious finger-crossing... :-\