Law School Discussion

$$ at Cardozo

pepem

Re: $$ at Cardozo
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2005, 12:42:34 PM »
way to go with the full ride!  I'm not sure about the curve, but are you really considering going to Cardozo??  You were accepted at so many amazing schools!  Not that Cardozo isn't a good school or anything, but I would pass up Penn or UVA, etc for it!

Thanks, congrats on your scholarship as well.

I probably won't really consider Cardozo.  It was my safety where I was hoping to get some $$$ because I'm financially risk-aversed and wanted to have a financially reasonable option.  I'll probably withdraw in the next week or two, as I am now at the point where it's just about impossible for me to imagine any scenario where I choose Cardozo over a bunch of other places. 

Please withdraw so i can have your spot.  It's scary on the WL

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2005, 01:14:32 PM »
Sorry jbm4, I only log on from work during the day thus missed your post.

I got a full tuition scholarship renewable with 3.3 with a 3.94 and a 160 (Oct.)/ 170(Dec.) LSAT...

No congratulations necessary, I was just trying to say that Cardozo was generous and I'm seriously considering it.

amelus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2005, 01:29:48 PM »
I got a 2/3 scholarship today with the same renewable standard.  Thanks for bringing up the curve.  Anyone else know that stuff?

know you were waiting and hoping for this.  very glad to hear the news, congrats!  (told ya they'll dish out the $$$ to the students they want ;))

kristay

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2005, 02:30:54 PM »
Yay!  I got my scholarship offer today!  $15,000 renewable (with a 3.3 gpa).

kristay

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2005, 02:33:41 PM »
Thanks, jbm.  Congrats to you as well.

kristay

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2005, 02:39:13 PM »
By the way, the Official ABA Data shows that Cardozo only had 2 people on full scholarship last year. That includes all three classes.

With DanRather and Lucy_Law getting full rides, either they don't have a fixed number of scholarships that they give, or they are starting to give more full rides than in the past. Either way, thanks Cardozo, and thank G_d! (Just a little Jewish humor, I hope it's not offensive).

Is that for people attending?  Or offers?  Because some people may have been offered full rides and opted not to take it? 

naomi288

• soon to be St John's 1L
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2005, 03:19:30 PM »
congrats everyone...aren't you still worried about the 3.3...thats pretty high..especially since if a lot of people have scholarships they will all be striving to maintian them

kristay

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2005, 03:30:36 PM »
Those are takers.  Which brings up my question.  Do you think they offer a set number of scholarships, and then retain whatever money isn't accepted?  Or do you think they have a set dollar amount, and if people don't accept the offer, they start offering other people money, people they passed over the first time?

And I don't mean this question to be directed specifically at Cardozo.

That's an excellent question...I wish I knew the answer!

congrats everyone...aren't you still worried about the 3.3...thats pretty high..especially since if a lot of people have scholarships they will all be striving to maintian them

Yes, very much so...which is why Seton Hall is still in high consideration... (only have to maintain a 3.2 for $24K, 3.1 for $16K, 3.0 for $8K, and 2.9 for $4K.  So even if my GPA drops below a 3.0, I could still be eligible for $)

kristay

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2005, 06:37:16 PM »

No, I'm not worried. Yeah, it's possible that I'll dip below a 3.3, but if I do, I don't deserve the scholarship I'm offered. I think it's fair.

Don't get me wrong...Cardozo can tell me to get whatever they want as a GPA in order to renew the scholarship b/c it is here money...But with the curve that a lot of schools have, it naturally makes me nervous.  It's not an issue of fairness, just me being nervous about whether or not I'll maintain a 3.3 the entire time.