Author Topic: t3/t4  (Read 826 times)

sarendipity

• Sr. Citizen
  • My law school roommate
    • AOL Instant Messenger - froggerlaw
    • View Profile
t3/t4
« on: February 02, 2005, 02:00:27 PM »
What is the best method to figure out how a school stands in the t3/t4 levels? I realize that they are only listed alphabetically. Does anyone have good websites with reviews or rankings?

All I know to look at is clinicals/concentrations, bar passage rates, and graduation plans.
"Remember what I said about finding a meaningful life . . . Devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning . . . You notice there's nothing in there about a salary."   ~ Morrie Schwartz

NYKnicks

Re: t3/t4
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 02:15:31 PM »
What is the best method to figure out how a school stands in the t3/t4 levels? I realize that they are only listed alphabetically. Does anyone have good websites with reviews or rankings?

All I know to look at is clinicals/concentrations, bar passage rates, and graduation plans.

I think those are the best things to look for. You could also try to find out who conducts on campus interviews at a particular school. Also, if you are interested in a particular subject, see if that school has a decent course selection.

sarendipity

• Sr. Citizen
  • My law school roommate
    • AOL Instant Messenger - froggerlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 02:30:18 PM »
I looked at a few books at Borders but they didn't really tell me anything I couldn't get from LSAC. I know that my interest is in family law, elder law in particular. While it is a growing field, I also know that for me having the degree and passing the bar is going to be much more important than what name it says on the diploma.

Unfortunately for me, our spring break is sooo early (late feb/first few days of march) that I don't know what I can do about campus visits to schools more than a few hours away if I do not hear from them by then.

Perhaps I am wrong here, but if I don't find the website navigable and helpful/informative, I am fairly turned off from the program. Wonder if I am alone in this...
"Remember what I said about finding a meaningful life . . . Devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning . . . You notice there's nothing in there about a salary."   ~ Morrie Schwartz

qtip2012

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT: 162 UGPA: 3.06
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 03:53:07 PM »
looks like you are on the right track

i would also point out that, the further down the ladder "rankings wise" largly means that region matters

simply put, go to school where you want to work
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=MrGrieves

Heaven: Northeastern (w/ $8500), Brooklyn, Roger Williams (w/ $20000), St. John's (w/ 12500), Hofstra (w/ $16000), Case Western (w/ $9000), American
Hell: BU
Purgatory: UConn, Cardozo

Applied: Temple

twarga

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 03:58:29 PM »
looks like you are on the right track

i would also point out that, the further down the ladder "rankings wise" largly means that region matters

simply put, go to school where you want to work

Q tip, you read my mind.  If you're going to a t3/t4, focus on WHERE you want to work, because the region in which the school is located is where you're going to get hired.   ;)