Law School Discussion

Anyone else struggling with LR?

lucia

• View Profile
Anyone else struggling with LR?
« on: February 01, 2005, 01:58:27 PM »
 :-[
Hey guys,

There has been so much help and support on this board so far, Thanks to you high scorers who can help the rest of us...  Is anyone else getting their ass kicked by the LR section?  I have the LR Bible and it just hasn't clicked yet, running out of time, YIKES!  If any of you guys have overcome a LR battle, any advice would be greatly appreciated

HankieB

Re: Anyone else struggling with LR?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 02:11:39 PM »
I can relate...just finished the LRB this morning myself. 

So far, I think the most useful thing for me has been to go back through any practice tests I have taken, and identifying the LR questions that I missed.  There has definitely been a few types that cause me the most consternation.  Now I can focus on those in the days remaining before the test, and/or skip those types of questions on test day - and return to them if time allows/guess an answer if time doesn't allow.

Not letting myself get hung up on a single question for 3 minutes, and training myself to move on and forget about the troublesome question should help.

Best of luck to you on the test!

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 03:04:57 PM »
LRB is the greatest! However, I had to put the questions in the 'groups' they specified and really learn to identify them and then I could start to see right away what I was confronting. Then I could analyze them. It has still taken me almost a year to even feel comfortable with these questions. I still hate the RComp questions more!

Just keep practicing allllllllll day!!
Good Luck.

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 03:31:49 PM »
I could use improvement on the LR section... I wish they'd make two of the sections games...

HankieB

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 03:34:44 PM »
I agree.  Sometimes I even ENJOY the games section.  I like puzzles and problem solving.  Though there are some games that I find highly irritating...

I could use improvement on the LR section... I wish they'd make two of the sections games...

lucia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 07:02:58 PM »
Thank you guys so much!! The advice is wonderful.  Yes, I definitely wish there were more games vs. LR, but oh well.  I wish all of you the best of luck!

A.J

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2005, 10:21:55 AM »
My philosophy is to read line by line.  Absorb every word by forcing yourself to focus line by line.  Never allow yourself to become rushed and skim.  Always make the utmost effort to understand the elemts of the stimulus and how they fit together.  After you have absorbed the stimulus, read each answer choice in the same systematic fashion.  Never let your gaurd down.  The test makers know that if they put an attractive but wrong answer choice somewhere above the correct answer the test taker will start to relax. 

NEVER RELAX

AJ