Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I don't understand how schools send out rejections...  (Read 1117 times)

LordofLight

I don't understand how schools send out rejections...
« on: February 02, 2005, 12:20:55 PM »
This probably varies by school, but do schools send out rejections at the same time as acceptances? Or do they throw the rejections into a "do later" pile. Gods that would be cruel to do that.

???

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I don't understand how schools send out rejections...
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 01:20:49 PM »
if you look on LSN and sort by decision date, for almost every school, acceptances came before rejections.  i think i remember a couple (from LSD) that sent rejections first.  look up the schools you're interested in.  LSN is a fun procrastination tool.

www.lawschoolnumbers.com
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

LordofLight

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 02:21:19 PM »
LSN is good but people are not nearly obsessive enough about putting all of their numbers in.

if you look on LSN and sort by decision date, for almost every school, acceptances came before rejections.  i think i remember a couple (from LSD) that sent rejections first.  look up the schools you're interested in.  LSN is a fun procrastination tool.

www.lawschoolnumbers.com

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 02:27:52 PM »
numbers or dates?  i don't think it really matters for these purposes, since you're looking for a general trend and because letters go out in batches from most schools.

for example:
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/search_schools.php?action=search&cycle=0405&code=4704&sort=decision

ignore the people who used the wrong year (04/05 switch).  at the beginning, they're all acceptances.  the first rejection came about a month and a half after the first acceptance (11/23 to 1/8). 
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

Rufiooo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Play Ultimate
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xPunk313x
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 02:46:52 PM »
LSN is good but people are not nearly obsessive enough about putting all of their numbers in.

The combined obsession of a handful of us LSDers is more than enough to offset their obsession deficiency.  The average (mean) obsession of all LSN users is thus very high.