I'd like to put together a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) that we see here at LSD and work to flesh out some answers to them. This way, when a newbie joins and asks an already-addressed question he or she can be referred to the FAQ area so that we don't need to repeat the answer again and again. The newbie can then use the board to follow up on anything not particulary addressed on the FAQ and the FAQ can then be updated. My hope is that this will eventually lead more people here to LSD and that the discussion that takes place on the forums will be deeper than the surface issues that will now be catalogued on the FAQ.
Hopefully, when I get a decent list of questions together the board can help out by drumming up some answers, or even copying old answers from past posts. I'm not looking to get a ton of questions together, just between 10-20 of the frequently-asked ones.
So, here goes. Feel free to add any questions that you see showing up here often:
- How can I increase my LSAT score?
- What is in my LSDAS report that will be sent to the law schools, and how can I see a copy of it on my LSAC account?
- Should I apply electronically over the web using the LSACD, or should I send my application to the school through the mail?
- What other online resources are available to help me gauge my chances at the schools of my choice?
- What are the best personal-statement editing services?
- What is the difference between deferred, wait-listed, and pending?
- How does the admissions process work?
- What is the difference between the different tiered rankings, and what does each of them signify?
- How can I get a fee waiver?
And here are a few LSD-specific questions:
- Who (or what) is Downy?
- Why does Andrew moderate the boards so poorly?