Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Educational Quality of US Law Schools Website (USNWR Alternative?)  (Read 1603 times)

RED1

• View Profile
Re: Educational Quality of US Law Schools Website (USNWR Alternative?)
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2005, 01:19:56 PM »
Nope, you are the first ever. Maybe we should give you an award for discovering Leiter.
He is not the first to see these rankings. Althought the EQR is not as well known as US News, I have seen them mentioned in books and articles. I think people will be putting more emphasis on these rankings in the future.

Hey Red, ever hear of sarcasm?

Nope what is that?   ;)

mmyles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2005, 02:51:19 PM »

Here's another alternative to US News for rankings: http://www.cooley.edu/rankings/overall2004.htm

Wow...who knew that Cooley was better than Stanford?  Haha, that's great  :D

thefaceman

• Sr. Citizen
  • I saved Latin. What did you ever do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2005, 01:32:43 PM »
Yeah, yeah...So I know I'm not the first one to see these. ::) 

As we all know, there are infinite ways to rank schools.  I found the recruiting data given on the site to be pretty interesting.

As for the faculty rankings, I think it was useful to see how often they are published or cited.  I think a school that may hang low in the rankings could be on the rise if the faculty gets their names out there...like George Mason.  Of course, they could always be writing on bat reproduction in the Andes or something.
But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.