Law School Discussion

The Yale Law School

A.

• View Profile
Re: The Yale Law School
« Reply #790 on: July 21, 2005, 11:43:28 PM »

so...  is everyone going to watch "the law firm," NBC's (?) new reality show with "real-life cases"?

Hell no.

EDIT: OK, maybe one episode out of curiosity.

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #791 on: July 22, 2005, 01:08:21 AM »

so...  is everyone going to watch "the law firm," NBC's (?) new reality show with "real-life cases"?

Hell no.

ha ha, nice convictions there.   :D  it looks like it could be interesting.  certainly no worse than some of the other crap i watch, like "i wanna be a hilton."

i saw a commercial the other day for a doogie-howser-meets-the-practice show.  anyone know the name?  i was too distracted by how awful it looked to actually remember the important stuff.  i think it was going to start in the fall, so i probably won't be watching.  i'll be too busy with apprentice, apprentice: martha stewart, and gilmore girls.  oh, and law school.

TDPookie1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #792 on: July 22, 2005, 02:50:06 AM »
just saw this on xo:

http://www.nbc.com/The_Law_Firm/bios/deep/

What, in your opinion, is the biggest misconception people have about lawyers and why is it a misconception?
The biggest misconception about lawyers is that they are lazy and donít care about their clients. Unfortunately, for the most part, itís true, which is why Iíve dedicated myself to challenging these stereotypes when Iím in the courtroom, which you can see for yourself when you see me in action on the show.

the biggest misconception is X.  X is true.

uhh...

http://www.nbc.com/The_Law_Firm/bios/elizabeth/  - this girl uses too many exclamation points in her last answer for me to take her seriously.

http://www.nbc.com/The_Law_Firm/bios/jason/  - check out his first answer.  and his law schoolS.

my expectations for this show are officially negative.

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #793 on: July 22, 2005, 08:57:25 AM »

Hell no.

ha ha, nice convictions there.   :D  it looks like it could be interesting.  certainly no worse than some of the other crap i watch, like "i wanna be a hilton."

Hey! I wanna be a Hilton is pretty good!  It's one of two shows that I've watched on a regular basis this summer.  The other being Hell's Kitchen (I love that show).

i saw a commercial the other day for a doogie-howser-meets-the-practice show.  anyone know the name?  i was too distracted by how awful it looked to actually remember the important stuff.  i think it was going to start in the fall, so i probably won't be watching.  i'll be too busy with apprentice, apprentice: martha stewart, and gilmore girls.  oh, and law school.

I'm abandoning all TV during law school except for movies on the weekends (and maybe the Martha Stewart Apprentice if my gf gets me hooked).

TDPookie1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #794 on: July 22, 2005, 11:14:49 AM »
the hilton show *is* good, in a really trashy way.  but that's exactly what i like in my reality shows.

i forgot to mention to E about the laptop: if you have it shipped to CT, there's no sales tax.  so if you want it shipped to your home state, check the sales tax first.  you might be able to save ~$70.

my laptop came this morning!  :)

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #795 on: July 22, 2005, 11:47:31 PM »
OK, I'm bored and just read through the 1st 10 pages of this thread.  Quite entertaining.  It's funny that we were sending in apartment applications in February...and that none of us ended up where we thought we would (remember the place with bay windows, Pookie ;)). 

Advice to the '09ers: Wait until you get to New Haven to look for apartments.

TDPookie1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #796 on: July 23, 2005, 08:42:46 PM »
ha ha, so true re waiting!  i'm glad i made arrangements to see a bunch of places before i left, just to know when the tours would be and stuff.

aww, i remember the place with the bay windows!  but then i saw the place with the in-unit washer dryer ;)