Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Yale Law School  (Read 62846 times)

goodadvice (account resigned)

• Sr. Citizen
  • Resigned until the riff-raff are removed
    • View Profile
Re: Yale Law School
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2005, 11:56:47 PM »
(In response to Alcibiades)

In my opinion, "Disclaimer: If hearing other people talk about Yale makes you feel inadequate, please look away." is rubbing it in people's faces.

Imagine I drive up next to you and your friends in my Ferrari, and say "If this car makes you feel inadequate, then please don't look at it."

Of course this is just my subjective opinion. Since we've both stated our points, perhaps we can amicably agree to disagree.
I've resigned from the board due to intolerably harassing and verbally abusive riff-raff on this board.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2005, 12:01:59 AM »
... Man some people act so tard these day.

First of all I'm just looking out for Alcibiades. There is a rap song (Thats right I listen to rap) called "Check yourself before you wreck yourself" by "Ice Cube." It takes the ideas behind the moral "Pride before the fall" and sets it to a funky fresh beet with applications to American culture. I think when you see someone who might be at risk of needing a "check," you should tell them, which is what I was trying to do with Alcibiades. Alcibiades did not feel he needed a "check." Furthermore, since the issue is subjective, we ended the discussion by amicably agreeing to disagree.

Second, I'm on here for two seconds and I'm verbally abused (called a tard.) Nice. The riff-raff is choking the life out of this board. Back to my protest.
I've resigned from the board due to intolerably harassing and verbally abusive riff-raff on this board.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2005, 12:05:18 AM »
(In response to Alcibiades)

In my opinion, "Disclaimer: If hearing other people talk about Yale makes you feel inadequate, please look away." is rubbing it in people's faces.

Imagine I drive up next to you and your friends in my Ferrari, and say "If this car makes you feel inadequate, then please don't look at it."

This is more like you going to a Ferrari enthusiasts' meeting and telling them to stop talking about their cars out of consideration of the Kia drivers who might come in (not that there's anything wrong with a Kia).

Of course this is just my subjective opinion. Since we've both stated our points, perhaps we can amicably agree to disagree.

Very well.

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2005, 12:08:56 AM »
... Man some people act so tard these day.

I'm on here for two seconds and I'm verbally abused (called a tard.) Nice. The riff-raff is choking the life out of this board. Back to my protest.

Dude(ette) are you reaelly that sensitive?
if so the internet is not the place for you.
especially surrounded by posters that are fighting for a select few positions at a select few schools... most of which have been, albiet unreasonably so, counting the minutes until their letters get to their homes.  grow a sense of humor and shrug some stuff off.

'k?
HTH
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

headlesschicken

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2005, 12:12:14 AM »
I think everyone in the world knows this by now, but I'm leaning slightly towards Stanford (although actually getting into Yale has made things a little tighter). I think a great deal of my decision will come down to a number of factors in my life that could change by April when I actually have to make the decision. I'll definitely be attending admit weekend (I'm going to make a big East Coast trip out the Harvard and Yale weekends.)

Having seen the response the "Stanford Bound" thread-generated on XOXO, I understand Alci's disclaimer at the start of the thread ... while also recognizing that it's inevitable that such discussions upset some.
179/3.97 (Top3)
Total payments to Yale, 1999-2008: >$250,000

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2005, 08:13:51 AM »
Lots of Yale Law Grads don't achieve in the real world. Such people are pathetic and deservingly ridiculed. Its a terrible thing. Only one thing is worst. A URM Yale Law grad who doesn't achieve. The prior was a disgraceful loser who squandered a golden opportunity. The latter was much worst. The latter was someone who validated every racist in the country. The latter could be you if you're not careful.

The correct word to be using in this case is "worse"

HTH, jackass.

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2005, 09:31:57 AM »
Lots of Yale Law Grads don't achieve in the real world. Such people are pathetic and deservingly ridiculed. Its a terrible thing. Only one thing is worst. A URM Yale Law grad who doesn't achieve. The prior was a disgraceful loser who squandered a golden opportunity. The latter was much worst. The latter was someone who validated every racist in the country. The latter could be you if you're not careful.

The correct word to be using in this case is "worse"

HTH, jackass.

LOL
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

maricutie

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2005, 10:12:50 AM »
Just like to live vicariously through others and have Yale-related threads in my unreads. ;)  Congratulations to all of you!

Me too  :D

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2005, 11:22:41 AM »
I have nothing to add besides confirming that "goodadvice" is really insane (and before you say it, I know it is "verbally abusive" and "harassing::))

This post is worthy of a break in my protest.

At least you admit to what you are. You're the first one ever. But I wonder. With all the time you spend on verbal abuse and harassment, will you have any time for civil rights and bean sandwiches (like the one you claim to love in your avatar?)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2005, 11:26:22 AM »
HTH, jackass.

Based on your avatar picture, I will give you a little advice. Stand with your shoulders back. At least when you're taking pictures. Standing shoulders forward makes people (everyone, not just you) look like an orangutan.