Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: To BigTex  (Read 10516 times)

NYKnicks

Re: To BigTex
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2005, 01:47:48 AM »
geez, this thread really ballooned in the last 2 hours.

twarga

« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2005, 08:13:46 AM »
Nah, I said the comment on xoxo couldn't be taken as offensive...

...I just thought I'd preface it with one of his more offensive comments  ;D

If my husband EVER turned to me and said I was fat and ugly but he loved me anyway, I would say, "Don't do my ugly ass any favors," and throw his ass out!  Fortunately, unlike Mrs. Tex, I have a husband who compliments me every day (even in combat boots).  Now that's a man who knows how to make his wife love him.   :-*

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2005, 08:22:46 AM »
fair enough. let's shake on it. 

That was a pretty lame apology for essentially calling the guy a d.ick when all he was trying to do was defend you.  :-\

Braden

• Sr. Citizen
  • World's biggest jerk.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2005, 08:36:59 AM »
Bring it on draino.
Goddamn you braden, if you don't shut the @#!* up I'm gonna...

You should also point out how lame it is to get upset with random internet people.
And also how stupid it is to get upset about them being upset.

Taken out of context, you are correct it can be seen as very offensive. But in the context of the entire thread it is obvious that he was trying to stop people from insulting Boalt based on her LSAT score.

Also, I do not want to be defending BigTex, he rubs me the wrong way too. But in this case....
While I personally don't understand how BigTex's wife could take being called fat and ugly by her husband in anyway but an offensive way...

...I also don't see how this post could be taken in anyway as an offensive statement.

I'm guessing Ruskie is angry at me for the following post I made on xoxo:

http://www.xoxohth.com/thread.php?thread_id=128611&mc=53&forum_id=2#2028634

But i'm really confused. I've now read the post several times over and over trying to figure out how she could read it in an insulting way, but i'm not getting it. I thought i was defending her. So, i dunno, i'm really confused.
3.6 (Mech Engr/Math/Econ (minor)), (167 and 179), Lots of ECs, and a guy with long blonde hair(that should make me an URM):
In:Michigan!, DUKE
Out:Yale, Harvard
Waitlist: Penn

BigTex

« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2005, 09:28:58 AM »

If my husband EVER turned to me and said I was fat and ugly but he loved me anyway, I would say, "Don't do my ugly ass any favors," and throw his ass out!  Fortunately, unlike Mrs. Tex, I have a husband who compliments me every day (even in combat boots).  Now that's a man who knows how to make his wife love him.   :-*

I know we're all joking around on this one, but out of fairness to myself I believe draino was just kidding around w/ me and presenting what I've said in the past in humorously stark fashion. I never yelled in my wife's face "you're fat and ungly!". Again, context is everything. If you're interested in the full truth, here's the thread in question:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,20751.msg297048.html#msg297048

dr_draino

« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2005, 10:23:21 AM »
Actually, I was being honest...I can't imagine anyone not being offended by the comment as typed in that thread.

I know we're all joking around on this one, but out of fairness to myself I believe draino was just kidding around w/ me and presenting what I've said in the past in humorously stark fashion. I never yelled in my wife's face "you're fat and ungly!". Again, context is everything. If you're interested in the full truth, here's the thread in question:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,20751.msg297048.html#msg297048

twarga

« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2005, 02:03:22 PM »
Tex, I had already read the text in question.  You turned to your wife on the couch and said, "You're fat and ugly and so am I, but I still love you."  That is no way to treat a woman, kidding or not.  Did you ask her how it made her feel to hear you say that to her?  It probably hurt her, whether she admitted it to you at the time or not.  Start a habit of always telling her she's beautiful (never say she's fat, even if you think it), and she will always love you and never resent you.  After I had the second kid, I had this extra 15 lbs that took a lot of treadmill time to erase.  I'm sure hubby noticed but never said one word.  That's one of the reasons I love hubby so much. 

Braden

• Sr. Citizen
  • World's biggest jerk.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2005, 02:11:23 PM »
Tex, I had already read the text in question.  You turned to your wife on the couch and said, "You're fat and ugly and so am I, but I still love you."  That is no way to treat a woman, kidding or not.  Did you ask her how it made her feel to hear you say that to her?  It probably hurt her, whether she admitted it to you at the time or not.  Start a habit of always telling her she's beautiful (never say she's fat, even if you think it), and she will always love you and never resent you.  After I had the second kid, I had this extra 15 lbs that took a lot of treadmill time to erase.  I'm sure hubby noticed but never said one word.  That's one of the reasons I love hubby so much. 

I agree, I always tell my wife she is beautiful. I say things like "Hey woman, get your pretty face into the kitchen and make me a sammich" or "You look really nice today, now go do the laundry"
3.6 (Mech Engr/Math/Econ (minor)), (167 and 179), Lots of ECs, and a guy with long blonde hair(that should make me an URM):
In:Michigan!, DUKE
Out:Yale, Harvard
Waitlist: Penn

I hear America singing

• Sr. Citizen
  • How do you do?
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Weblog!
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2005, 02:11:58 PM »
fair enough. let's shake on it. 

That was a pretty lame apology for essentially calling the guy a d.ick when all he was trying to do was defend you. :-\

Agreed.
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."

Visit my weblog!  www.sweetblessedfreedom.blogs pot.com

WoeIsMe

« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2005, 02:23:57 PM »

I agree, I always tell my wife she is beautiful. I say things like "Hey woman, get your pretty face into the kitchen and make me a sammich" or "You look really nice today, now go do the laundry"

LOL