Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: To BigTex  (Read 10512 times)

bradzwest

Re: To BigTex
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2005, 01:01:26 AM »
I really think this is just a misinterpretation...its why the internet sucks.  That site stinks and everyone on this site appreciates Ruskie...fuggetabouddit.  Thanks by the way for the great 1L study thread...it was great.

BigTex

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2005, 01:05:22 AM »
Ruskie - i'm going to be 100% honest with you here. All of the following is the 100% truth - i promise.

You have a low LSAT score for Boalt. You catch heat for it. I have a low LSAT score for Michigan. I'm sure i'll catch heat for it next year as well. I saw people on xoxo attacking you in a very similiar way that i myself expect to be attacked next year. I posted what I posted on xoxo not only as a defense of you but as a preemptive defense of myself as well. I have no interest in finding out your grades. My question on the board "do you know Ruskie's grades?" was rhetorical b/c I knew they didn't know your grades (i'm sure they wouldn't have been above 'outing' your grades if they knew them). My point was, if they don't know your grades then they have no idea about your *real* ability.

I don't know what's really going on here or if there are any other issues at play. But obviously, my post on xoxo did not have the effect i intended with respect to your reading of it. Certainly, you were the last person i meant to upset by the post.

In the future I will try to do better and look at possible alternative interpretations of what I write. You're obviously a smart person so I'm not going to completely discount your negative interpretation of my post. *Something* in it obviously set you off and I take responsibility for my part in that.

Fair enough?

TLFKARG

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2005, 01:09:36 AM »
Ruskie - i'm going to be 100% honest with you here. All of the following is the 100% truth - i promise.

You have a low LSAT score for Boalt. You catch heat for it. I have a low LSAT score for Michigan. I'm sure i'll catch heat for it next year as well. I saw people on xoxo attacking you in a very similiar way that i myself expect to be attacked next year. I posted what I posted on xoxo not only as a defense of you but as a preemptive defense of myself as well. I have no interest in finding out your grades. My question on the board "do you know Ruskie's grades?" was rhetorical b/c I knew they didn't know your grades (i'm sure they wouldn't have been above 'outing' your grades if they knew them). My point was, if they don't know your grades then they have no idea about your *real* ability.

I don't know what's really going on here or if there are any other issues at play. But obviously, my post on xoxo did not have the effect i intended with respect to your reading of it. Certainly, you were the last person i meant to upset by the post.

In the future I will try to do better and look at possible alternative interpretations of what I write. You're obviously a smart person so I'm not going to completely discount your negative interpretation of my post. *Something* in it obviously set you off and I take responsibility for my part in that.

Fair enough?
fair enough. let's shake on it. 

however, for future references, the mere mention of ruskiegirl on that site instigates flames, regardless of the context of the original reference.  chances are, you will get the same flames soon, if you haven't already.  no need to add fuel to the fire, agreed?

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2005, 01:11:46 AM »
good job explaining.

but you forgot the kneeling and kissy faces.

you just have to understand that the person you're posting about may not read past the superficial aspects of what you write.  People have a tendance to believe that others, especially faceless others, are against them.  And that what they write is malicious.

I"m drunk
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

TLFKARG

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2005, 01:12:58 AM »
good job explaining.

but you forgot the kneeling and kissy faces.

you just have to understand that the person you're posting about may not read past the superficial aspects of what you write.  People have a tendance to believe that others, especially faceless others, are against them.  And that what they write is malicious.

I"m drunk

I love you, Thalky.  Are you drunk enough to marry me? ;) :D

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2005, 01:13:10 AM »
wait... you forgot the kissy faces too.
we all friends again (bigtex... thin ice ;) )

Fair enough?

however, for future references, the mere mention of ruskiegirl on that site instigates flames, regardless of the context of the original reference.  chances are, you will get the same flames soon, if you haven't already.  no need to add fuel to the fire, agreed?

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2005, 01:14:16 AM »
I love you, Thalky.  Are you drunk enough to marry me? ;) :D

wait... what were your grades ;)
:-*
kidding... if I needed a green card I'd totally marry you.

HKrustofsky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2005, 01:20:33 AM »
R Girl, while I appreciate your other threads on studying, exams...etc. You pretty much made an a$$ of yourself here. I understand being defensive when everyone on XOXO is attacking but seriously...

BigTex

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2005, 01:41:13 AM »
Now that everything has calmed down and peace has been achieved (thanks for the handshake ruskie!), i'd just like to point out the silver lining in all of this:

It appears this thread has suddenly thrust me into the top 50 LSN users.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/top_users.php

hooray!

gentoo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Are you talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2005, 01:45:48 AM »

Fair enough?

however, for future references, the mere mention of ruskiegirl on that site instigates flames, regardless of the context of the original reference. chances are, you will get the same flames soon, if you haven't already. no need to add fuel to the fire, agreed?
Now that everything has calmed down and peace has been achieved (thanks for the handshake ruskie!), i'd just like to point out the silver lining in all of this:

It appears this thread has suddenly thrust me into the top 50 LSN users.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/top_users.php

hooray!

Awww...see, this is why I love LSD. :-* *Group hug*!

Oh, and congrats to Tex on breaking onto LSN's top viewied list!
Pending: Whittier (PT + FT)