Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: To BigTex  (Read 11216 times)

TLFKARG

Re: To BigTex
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2005, 12:31:05 AM »
Boy, you're really struggling with this concept, aren't you?

You asked a third party to disclose my grades.  If there are state and educational privacy statutes protecting my academic information from unauthorized release to third parties, what really makes you think you are entitled to it?  That, if you haven't caught on, is NOT a rhetorical question.

the REAL desi

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2005, 12:32:05 AM »
the subject line of BigTex's post on xoxo was out of line, IMHO.  i browse xoxo to see job-related information, and the post rubbed me the wrong way the first time I read it.  next january, when you (ALL) are freaking out over your grades (as in, why aren't they posted yet or why did I get a A in a class I thought I bombed and a C- in a class that I knew solid), you'll understand why this was construed to be invasive and offensive.

HTH

BigTex

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2005, 12:43:22 AM »
the subject line of BigTex's post on xoxo was out of line, IMHO.  i browse xoxo to see job-related information, and the post rubbed me the wrong way the first time I read it.  next january, when you (ALL) are freaking out over your grades (as in, why aren't they posted yet or why did I get a A in a class I thought I bombed and a C- in a class that I knew solid), you'll understand why this was construed to be invasive and offensive.

HTH

next year, i'm sure there will be a thread on xoxo (or maybe even LSD) saying how TTT Michigan is because they let in a TTT like me with a TTT LSAT score like mine. When that happens, i think it would be kind of a nice thing to do if someone defended me with a post similiar to the one I made on xoxo.

I honestly feel like i'm in the twilight zone or something.

Sportseditor23

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2005, 12:43:39 AM »
How can anyone really be mad at that post, he was just asking if you had posted your grades somewhere...people post their grades all the time...it's not like he was calling Boalt to get your grades released as part of a study.
You can't get accepted to a school if you don't apply

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Sportseditor23

amelus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2005, 12:44:03 AM »
ruskie, please be a 1/2 decent human being and apologize (in a PM if you like) for completely twisting his post (and anyway all of this should have been done in a PM, at least tried to tell him in a PM it bothered you first) and then get rid of this thread.  

also, obviously he wasnt telling anyone else to go pry into your grades.  they are not going to know your grades unless you divulge them.  he defended you by telling them to put up or shut up.  i'm just telling you that with regard to this thread (as opposed to many of your very helpful threads, which i, and many others, do appreciate) please shut up.

bradzwest

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2005, 12:46:52 AM »
Big Tex...getting taken out behind the tool shed for no reason

TLFKARG

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2005, 12:50:55 AM »
I have no intention of apologizing.  Asking for third parties for someone else's grades is wrong.  If he was really as well meaning as he attempts to present himself, he would have PM'ed me and asked me if I was willing to share my grades with him.  However, he chose to single me out -- as if I don't already get enough flames on that site -- in front of a group of people he knew would take any peice of information they could get and use it to flame me.  Which, as you can tell by the progression of the thread, is exactly what happened.

If he really meant to illustrate the idea that my LSAT was not indicative of my potential, he would ask me for my grades, and assuming I shared them, would ask me if he could mention them in a thread in order to make that point.  That, amelus, is what a 1/2 way decent human being would do.

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2005, 12:56:27 AM »
Big Tex...getting taken out behind the tool shed for no reason

really?
bigtex, although a good contributer, has a way of saying things that hurt some feelings.

just saying is all.
maybe you should have your wife proofread?

Ruskie,
breathe.  I like you a lot, and your performance in LS is your information.  Who is he gonna get it from but people you tell and, hopefully, trust.  hang in there girl... there's another semester going on and you don't need this frustration.  let him go.  You belong at your institution for the sole reason that you got in.  I don't read xoxo, 'cause it's mean, so I haven't been following
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

Sportseditor23

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2005, 12:57:55 AM »
They already singled you out on the thread before he came in the mix and he was just asking a question whether or not you ahd posted your grades anywhere...it's a fair question.
You can't get accepted to a school if you don't apply

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Sportseditor23

amelus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2005, 12:59:28 AM »
what do you think he meant by asking them for your grades?  to go behind your back and get them?  i mean as interesting a study as this is in reader response theory you really are not understanding what he wrote. if you understood what he did you'd realize it is the best defense possible.  he tells a bunch of pathetic losers who have nothing better to do than trash someone who probably got into a better school than any of them will ever get into that if they want to rag on you they really need to know your grades (SOMETHING THEY CANT GET ON THEIR OWN!).  so with a logical counter he puts the burden of proof on them and the burden is something they cannot remove because they have no recourse to obtain your grades.  he wasnt asking THEM for your grades. again, he was saying put up or shut up.  and since there really was no way for them to put up they'd realize that either look even dumber and continue whining or shut up.

this brings me back to my previous posts that says you ought to just remove this thread altogether.