Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: To BigTex  (Read 11037 times)

BigTex

Re: To BigTex
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2005, 07:18:09 PM »
I'm with ya tex on both the Ruskie thing and your wife

yo giffy - your stat link is broken. You're missing a "y" at the end.

Sleezstak

« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2005, 07:21:27 PM »
I am a man and it is never okay to tell a woman she is fat and ugly—joking or not!

Mr. Tex...this is a quote from your post on another thread

Why does she stay? Again, you give too much credit to this pristine, abstract "will". In the real world of real live scenarios, there are many complicating factors that prevent one from just saying "that's it buddy, you're degrading me - i'm outta here".

I am giving you to much credit in your "pristine" world, what is the complicating factor that is preventing Mrs. Tex from leaving?

I'll start a post asking the question: Is Mrs. Tex fat and ugly; has anyone seen her?  Strictly in your defense b/c it is a rhetorical question.  Or how about this one; did BigTex use his "ethnic" heritage as URM status on his applications? Is that how his “low” score got him in to Mich?  I DON’T CARE!  But I am really concerned about your relationship.   Could it be that you and your wife are using each other as an excuse to let yourselves go?  Perhaps your banter is just a way to console one another.  If and when you procreate I think you would be wise to tell your children how fat and ugly they are.  It's okay because it's how your relationship is and it's something your family has fun sharing with one another.  If you are looking for a laugh, you're not getting as many as you thought.  If you are looking for a way to make yourself sound justified in degrading your SO, it’s not working.  You are a poor excuse for a husband and a worse one for a budding lawyer.  Because some of the people you may represent may not understand your psychobabble the way we do.    

So buddy, pal, dude, one man to another, buy your wife some flowers…tell her she is beautiful and how much you value her support and NEVER EVER call her fat and ugly again.  

BigTex

« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2005, 07:25:16 PM »
yawn

giffy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Mo
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2005, 07:59:20 PM »
I'm with ya tex on both the Ruskie thing and your wife

yo giffy - your stat link is broken. You're missing a "y" at the end.

Thanks. Its all better now.

TomServo

• Sr. Citizen
  • We are our own photographer!
    • ICQ Messenger - 814749
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=TomServo
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2005, 08:02:25 PM »
This thread's success is a shining example of how the Internet CAN accomplish what its users set out to do- in this case, to bash BigTex.

The initial reason for the Tex bashing, the xoxo post, was completely absurd.  The subsequent "fat, ugly wife" bashing is remarkably, amazingly ridiculous.

All of you supporting his wife in these troubled times should bear in mind that he didn't likely intend an entire internet community to dub her fat and ugly, although
BigTex should bear some responsibility for recognizing how out of hand net forums can get.  Sometimes I need to remind myself of how knee-jerk people can be about issues they feel superior about, and relationship interactions are definitely one of those issues.  Nearly everyone feels like they know how relationships SHOULD work, and what to avoid, and so on.  In a couple weeks, we're all required by Hallmark to buy each other roses and diamonds because that's "how it works".  Well, real relationships do NOT work like that- they work however they work.

I'm not an engineer, but on visiting Rose Hulman IT, I saw an example of how many engineers could see the answer to common problems in many different ways.  Talk about re-inventing the wheel- they did it all.  Relationships are a machine, and however BigTex needs to tinker with his to keep it running smoothly will likely not be the same way I need to tinker with mine, or you with yours.

I'm not advocating telling your wife (or husband!!!) things that could ultimately hurt their feelings or make them feel self-conscious, but just because society says you can't treat your wife like your TRUE best friend doesn't mean you can't.  I tell my best friend he's fat and wierd looking from time to time, just to get a rise out of him, just like I'll absolutely say "Man, we're getting old, fat, and bald."  Neither of us are approaching Danny Devito, but it's a nice reminder that we've known each other so long, we can share that perspective.

BigTex

« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2005, 08:22:05 PM »
TomServo - you have a remarkably intuitive grasp of the wonderful relationship i have with my wife. Two loving, supportive people who also just happen to be best friends and best buddies as well.

On the weekends I don't go "hanging out with the guys". My wife is my best "guy" friend in the world, as well as my lover, and the mother to my soon-to-be child. It's the whole package - i pity others who have less.

thanks.

twarga

« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2005, 08:02:11 AM »
Wow, a baby.  I wonder how her body's gonna look after Big Tex Jr. pops into this world.  You'll have lots to tease your best buddy about now.  She certainly is a lucky lady to have you, Tex.  No, really, I mean it.  For the next 3 years, while you're spending 90% of your time at school and studying and she's raising Tex Jr., she can feel confident knowing that you will be there to "kid around" with her about her ever expanding waist and hips.  Some gals have all the luck!   ;)

ElizaB

• Sr. Citizen
  • What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2005, 09:57:57 PM »
Isn't Mrs. BigTex currently pregnant? 

I would assume that if she is currently pregnant, she probably is fat! 

And if the comment was made before her pregnancy, then it probably didn't hurt her feelings too much because they still managed to make LilTex.     
Attending: Texas

Ninja

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2005, 12:03:16 AM »
I have to side with BigTex.  First of all, RuskieGirl seems overly sensitive about her grades.  She creates a thread about how grades are out and what she did to study.  Then all the sudden she lashes out when someone inquires as to what her grades were.  Personally, if someone said what their study habits were, I would like to know what the results were, although BigTex didn't even go so far as posing the direct question.

Also, as far as BigTex's comment to his wife goes, he's probably got a great relationship to even dare say something like that.  Everyone can bash him for how mean it is, but shouldn't a good relationship mean being able to be candid with each other.  He was straight and honest with her, and as long as she values that, it's a great vow of his affection for her.

bradzwest

« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2005, 12:20:36 AM »
Draino- There is clearly a split available in this thread now, stupidity/uselessness...just who has the courage to do it?