Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: To BigTex  (Read 10339 times)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: To BigTex
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2005, 02:25:19 PM »

I agree, I always tell my wife she is beautiful. I say things like "Hey woman, get your pretty face into the kitchen and make me a sammich" or "You look really nice today, now go do the laundry"

180  :D

twarga

« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2005, 02:25:50 PM »
I agree, I always tell my wife she is beautiful. I say things like "Hey woman, get your pretty face into the kitchen and make me a sammich" or "You look really nice today, now go do the laundry"

Oh Braden, you are quite the ladies man, I can tell.  Your wife is the luckiest woman in the whole dang trailer park!

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2005, 02:30:24 PM »
that's rich.
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

BigTex

« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2005, 02:41:31 PM »
Tex, I had already read the text in question.  You turned to your wife on the couch and said, "You're fat and ugly and so am I, but I still love you."  That is no way to treat a woman, kidding or not.  Did you ask her how it made her feel to hear you say that to her?  It probably hurt her, whether she admitted it to you at the time or not.  Start a habit of always telling her she's beautiful (never say she's fat, even if you think it), and she will always love you and never resent you.  After I had the second kid, I had this extra 15 lbs that took a lot of treadmill time to erase.  I'm sure hubby noticed but never said one word.  That's one of the reasons I love hubby so much. 

The wonderful thing about relationships is that every one is unique. You just don't know the relationship my wife and i have. Also, in that thread was the following post of mine, in which a nay-sayer such as yourself said I was doing things all wrong:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,20751.msg297098.html#msg297098

twarga

« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2005, 03:09:42 PM »
Whatever, Tex.  I just don't know any women out there who think it's cute or funny when the man they love and want to please physically and emotionally, comes out with "You're fat and ugly."  Much of a what makes a wife feel good about herself is the way she feels her husband perceives her.  It would crush me if I thought my husband saw me as fat and ugly.  Even if it was just for a minute on the couch eating Doritos.

I'll bet you a buck that if things start to go south in your marriage, she will bring up the time you called her fat and ugly.  Women don't forget.

WoeIsMe

« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2005, 03:12:37 PM »
i have to agree with twarga, at least from experiences with my wife... she remembers think Dr. Freud couldn't unearth.

besides, i can't see the nexus between bedside farting and being told one is fat and ugly.

BigTex

« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2005, 03:14:25 PM »
Whatever, Tex.  I just don't know any women out there who think it's cute or funny when the man they love and want to please physically and emotionally, comes out with "You're fat and ugly."  Much of a what makes a wife feel good about herself is the way she feels her husband perceives her.  It would crush me if I thought my husband saw me as fat and ugly.  Even if it was just for a minute on the couch eating Doritos.

I'll bet you a buck that if things start to go south in your marriage, she will bring up the time you called her fat and ugly.  Women don't forget.

it appears very difficult for you to imagine that others could be different from yourself.

i do not sit around calling my wife "fat and ugly" all day long. I chose a single funny anecdote that conveyed a general truth about my relationship with my wife.

BigTex

« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2005, 03:20:48 PM »
Ruskie - i'm going to be 100% honest with you here. All of the following is the 100% truth - i promise.

I didn't even read the rest of this post, but I wanted to point out that starting a post this way is classic Big Tex style and no one should fall for it.

classic superiorlobe style - angrily stalk BigTex around the board b/c BigTex pointed out that superiorlobe sucks as a writer.

twarga

« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2005, 03:29:18 PM »
i do not sit around calling my wife "fat and ugly" all day long. I chose a single funny anecdote that conveyed a general truth about my relationship with my wife.

The anecdote was not funny.  Calling anyone fat and ugly, especially your wife (and I never said you do it all day, I know you only said it once) is unacceptable.  You should go out right now and get her some flowers and tell her how lovely she is.  Now THAT would be a nice gesture.

BigTex

« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2005, 03:34:14 PM »

The anecdote was not funny.  Calling anyone fat and ugly, especially your wife (and I never said you do it all day, I know you only said it once) is unacceptable.  You should go out right now and get her some flowers and tell her how lovely she is.  Now THAT would be a nice gesture.

You are amply proving that you know and understand your own relationship with your husband but do not understand mine w/ my wife.