Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: To BigTex  (Read 10685 times)

I hear America singing

• Sr. Citizen
  • How do you do?
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Weblog!
Re: To BigTex
« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2005, 02:13:16 PM »
The fact that you have to type out the words "You are wrong." reeks of desperation.  It sounds like you are trying to convince yourself.

Let's just agree that you tease with your wife and I don't.  I think we both feel the same way about our wives, we just use diffent methods to deliver the same sentiment.  My beef is that my method is better- not the package.

BTW- all teasing has an element of truth- which is what makes it so harmful.  I wouldn't tease a skinny kid about being fat, because then it wouldn't be funny.
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."

Visit my weblog!  www.sweetblessedfreedom.blogs pot.com

BigTex

« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2005, 02:14:57 PM »
The fact that you have to type out the words "You are wrong." reeks of desperation.  It sounds like you are trying to convince yourself.

Actually, it's much simpler. It means you are wrong.

giffy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Mo
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2005, 02:17:00 PM »
BTW- all teasing has an element of truth- which is what makes it so harmful.  I wouldn't tease a skinny kid about being fat, because then it wouldn't be funny.

Actually it would be hence all the skinny guys with nicknames indicating fatness and fat guys called tiny.

BigTex

« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2005, 02:17:08 PM »
Let's just agree that you tease with your wife and I don't.  I think we both feel the same way about our wives, we just use diffent methods to deliver the same sentiment. 

This thread is now devoted to people telling me what a terrible husband and father I am. You decided to chime in w/ your agreement to that sentiment. Don't be surprised if i b*tch slap you for it.

I'm not the one going out of my way to tell someone on this board what a terrible husband/father he is.

I hear America singing

• Sr. Citizen
  • How do you do?
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Weblog!
« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2005, 02:17:44 PM »
giffy, I know this won't dent your logic, but maybe it'll influence BigTex- I don't know.

Love is patient and kind, not jealous, not boastful,
not proud, rude or selfish, not easily angered,
and it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not gloat over other people's sins
but takes its delight in the truth.
Love always bears up, always trusts,
always hopes, always endures.

I hear America singing

• Sr. Citizen
  • How do you do?
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Weblog!
« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2005, 02:18:25 PM »
Let's just agree that you tease with your wife and I don't.  I think we both feel the same way about our wives, we just use diffent methods to deliver the same sentiment. 

This thread is now devoted to people telling me what a terrible husband and father I am. You decided to chime in w/ your agreement to that sentiment. Don't be surprised if i b*tch slap you for it.

All anger is born of fear.

What are you afraid of?

BigTex

« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2005, 02:19:53 PM »

What are you afraid of?

I'm afraid that i'm going to have to keep hearing you rip off little cliche's from old episodes of Kung Fu.

rwhitman

« Reply #117 on: February 03, 2005, 02:20:28 PM »
The fact that you have to type out the words "You are wrong." reeks of desperation.  It sounds like you are trying to convince yourself.

Let's just agree that you tease with your wife and I don't.  I think we both feel the same way about our wives, we just use diffent methods to deliver the same sentiment.  My beef is that my method is better- not the package.

BTW- all teasing has an element of truth- which is what makes it so harmful.  I wouldn't tease a skinny kid about being fat, because then it wouldn't be funny.

While you're out having a good cry with your wife, many people in relationships like to keep things more entertaining with joking around and teasing.  What's the big deal here, and why do you see the need to tell someone how to run their relationship?

I hear America singing

• Sr. Citizen
  • How do you do?
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Weblog!
« Reply #118 on: February 03, 2005, 02:21:04 PM »

What are you afraid of?

I'm afraid that i'm going to have to keep hearing you rip off little cliche's from old episodes of Kung Fu.

Redirection- that's a nice technique to avoid dealing with intense and dark psychological elements in your soul.

Good job.

I hear America singing

• Sr. Citizen
  • How do you do?
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Weblog!
« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2005, 02:23:05 PM »

Let's just agree that you tease with your wife and I don't.  I think we both feel the same way about our wives, we just use diffent methods to deliver the same sentiment.  My beef is that my method is better- not the package.

While you're out having a good cry with your wife, many people in relationships like to keep things more entertaining with joking around and teasing.  What's the big deal here, and why do you see the need to tell someone how to run their relationship?

If you need to tease your SO to keep your marriage "entertaining", I'd suggest divorce.

HTH.

I never told anyone how to run their relationship- I think you probably inferred that due to your own insecurities.  I've merely stated my opinions on the matter and debated various points.