Author Topic: Tulane  (Read 906 times)

Goin Down South

• Sr. Citizen
  • ..where chilren wear no clothes
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tulane
« on: January 31, 2005, 06:11:07 PM »
A few days ago Tulane made a mistake.  I am not saying its their fault, I really did not put the effort into this application that I did my others (at first I wasnt sure I wanted to attend, but the school is fairly close to home so I applied).  After looking into the school further it became one of my top choices.  I am sorry that Tulane did not realize what a wonderful candidate they rejected last Friday and I apoligize to the school for not making myslef a more attractive applicant (and in doing so Tulane will not benefit from having another fantastic student).

RobinHood

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Tulane
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 10:46:17 AM »
A few days ago Tulane made a mistake.  I am not saying its their fault, I really did not put the effort into this application that I did my others (at first I wasnt sure I wanted to attend, but the school is fairly close to home so I applied).  After looking into the school further it became one of my top choices.  I am sorry that Tulane did not realize what a wonderful candidate they rejected last Friday and I apoligize to the school for not making myslef a more attractive applicant (and in doing so Tulane will not benefit from having another fantastic student).
This is kind of a bizarre post. I'm sorry that you didn't get in, but I can't tell if you're being tongue and cheek or not...And how much work did it actually take to do the Tulane app? It seemed pretty straightforward to me? I mean, very conventional/vanilla...
Ready or not...
Here I Come: Tulane (w/$$)/SMU (w/$$)/American/Georgetown
Still Hiding: GW/Vandy
Can't Find: UVA/UT
Go Home:AU/GMU

kristay

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 01:09:27 PM »
This is kind of a bizarre post. I'm sorry that you didn't get in, but I can't tell if you're being tongue and cheek or not...And how much work did it actually take to do the Tulane app? It seemed pretty straightforward to me? I mean, very conventional/vanilla...

RobinHood, have you seen Unicorn's posts?  Saying that he/she's "furious" with the ad comms at NYU and is sending a letter saying "Good luck finding someone better than me"  ::)

Goin Down South

• Sr. Citizen
  • ..where chilren wear no clothes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 07:30:11 PM »

Your right that there wasnt too much more to do for the Tulane app (although it was 5 pages long where my others were all about 2).  I think the real place I could have improved was my personal essay.  I used a generic one that I didnt personalize for the school.  Also it was about 700 words long, much longer than the suggested 250 words.

When I say I could have put more time in my application I mean i should have either wrote a new personal essay or an extremely condensed version of the old one.  This may have not made the difference, but glancing at my application it may have seemed that I didnt really want to attend the school because I didnt put much effort into my application.

I am moderately upset about being denied. My apoligizing to Tulane for not making myself seem to be the attractive candidate that I actually am is just my way of venting my frustrations. But I am over it now. :)