Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Weird Call from a Current Duke Student  (Read 1195 times)

sordomudo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Weird Call from a Current Duke Student
« on: January 31, 2005, 05:55:39 PM »
So I'm here at work and about two minutes ago, my cell lights up w/ a random number from a random area code.  I'm thinking, "Sweet, acceptance somewhere".  The lady asks for me and sounds all official, so then I'm really thinking it.  Then she proceeds to tell me she's a current Duke student and wanted to know if I had any questions.  So first, I'm at work, but second, she was just uhhh... kinda weird.  Long awkward pauses, etc.  I just got her email and said I'd call back.  Anyone else get a call?

gentoo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Are you talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Call from a Current Duke Student
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 05:56:53 PM »
So I'm here at work and about two minutes ago, my cell lights up w/ a random number from a random area code.  I'm thinking, "Sweet, acceptance somewhere".  The lady asks for me and sounds all official, so then I'm really thinking it.  Then she proceeds to tell me she's a current Duke student and wanted to know if I had any questions.  So first, I'm at work, but second, she was just uhhh... kinda weird.  Long awkward pauses, etc.  I just got her email and said I'd call back.  Anyone else get a call?

Wow, that is weird. Any chance she might be connected to admissions? If so, I say milk her for all she's worth. ;)
Pending: Whittier (PT + FT)

sordomudo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 05:58:07 PM »

Wow, that is weird. Any chance she might be connected to admissions? If so, I say milk her for all she's worth. ;)

Well, I'm in there already so I assume that's why.  They might just want to pick, uhhh, more congenial peeps to do the calls.

gentoo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Are you talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 06:01:24 PM »

Well, I'm in there already so I assume that's why.  They might just want to pick, uhhh, more congenial peeps to do the calls.

Ahh, I didn't see your signature, my apologies. That makes it even weirder then. Besides, I'd be upset that they were using up my precious daytime minutes.
Pending: Whittier (PT + FT)

sordomudo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 06:02:31 PM »
Ahh, I didn't see your signature, my apologies. That makes it even weirder then. Besides, I'd be upset that they were using up my precious daytime minutes.

Prob just trying to do the fellowship/buddy thing, but it felt like I was in big brothers/big sisters and got set up with a complete weirdo.

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2005, 06:03:12 PM »

Prob just trying to do the fellowship/buddy thing, but it felt like I was in big brothers/big sisters and got set up with a complete weirdo.

LOL
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

jayhawk

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2005, 06:03:59 PM »
sordomudo,
have you been getting letters and stuff from notre dame.  since i was accepted a couple weeks ago, i've already received 3 letters and an email from current students or alumni.  i thought the first one was neat, but now i'm just like 'oh, it's another letter'  ::).
 no weird phone calls for me though....

sordomudo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2005, 06:06:59 PM »
sordomudo,
have you been getting letters and stuff from notre dame.  since i was accepted a couple weeks ago, i've already received 3 letters and an email from current students or alumni.  i thought the first one was neat, but now i'm just like 'oh, it's another letter'  ::).
 no weird phone calls for me though....

Holy cow, JHG is talking to me... okay, breathe, breathe... now, be eloquent... or just pretend to be... Yeah, seems like there's something every week.  I already sent back the "thanks but no thanks" card a week ago or so, so hopefully it'll slow down (i.e., end) soon.  I felt bad when they sent a DVD and had some guy write about how he's loved ND after going to BYU (my UG) and being LDS (Mormon) like me.  Wish they hadn't gone to all the effort but it's nice in an "aww shucks" sort of way.

Bamaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2005, 06:44:13 PM »
Georgetown does this too.  Were you accepted early?

JackInTheBox

• Sr. Citizen
  • Eggnog and Pumpkin Pie Shakes Make Me In The Box
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2005, 06:56:14 PM »
There is another alternative...she's a stalker, so able in her stalking abilities that she sneaked into the admissions office and pulled your file at random.  Careful, my son.