Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted at U Washington  (Read 55964 times)

ace888

• View Profile
Re: Accepted at U Washington
« Reply #1390 on: May 17, 2005, 11:51:27 AM »
I actually just sent the deposit this morning. It's so nice to have a final decision so I can start making some plans. I'm really excited to get back to school too, and I've only been out for one year.

I'm on reserve at Columbia as well. From what I understand this reserve list is enormous, so I'm not getting my hopes up. But it doesn't hurt to stay on

KristyB

« Reply #1391 on: May 19, 2005, 10:30:21 AM »
Yeah, I agree, the Columbia thing is a next to nothing chance. 

The final decision does feel good.  When this all started, UW was my dream school and I didn't think I'd get in.  I just can't believe I'll actually be going there next year.  I'm really excited but still not totally believing it. 

Are you guys doing anything to prep for law school?  I know many people say not to do anything but I feel I'm a bit rusty with the whole studying thing and want to get back into the groove. 

We'll have to have a pre-1L LSD get together for all that are attending this summer. It would be fun to do that with the SU folks too.  Anyone game? 

soma

• View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: May 20, 2005, 12:09:42 PM »
I just decided to defer from the UW for a year. I signed my financial aid offer letter and sent in my deposit and everything, but I'm not ready yet. I want to take a year to travel, work in a law office, sow my oats and whatnot. If anyone has any suggestions of how to turn "I'm not ready yet" into a viable letter requesting deferment, I would love to hear them.
3.89/163
Hot: University of Washington, UC-Davis, Santa Clara, University of British Columbia
Cold: Stanford, Berkeley
Lukewarm: UCLA

KristyB

« Reply #1393 on: May 22, 2005, 08:51:19 AM »
I just found out I got residency!  I'm so relieved.  That saves me a good $21,000 + interest.  If I got it then I bet those of you waiting on it will get it too. 

Soma- The only advice I can give you is to be honest.  The 2L I spoke with that went there said that she wanted to defer for a year and that just being honest about her situation was the best bet.  It seems like they would want 1Ls that are ready to start school and do well once they are there so giving you an extra year might be something they'll consider.  Anyone else with advice?

Prondippe

« Reply #1394 on: June 14, 2005, 03:35:18 PM »
Bump - thought I would revive this thread.  So who all is going to UW?  I am realizing that we have just about 3 months now.  Trying to figure out what supplemental materials to purchase.  Does anyone have a plan in this regard for the four classes we are taking in the fall:  BLS, CivPro, Contracts and Torts?

I am thinking I will purchase E&E for CivPro and Contracts based on some recommendations for a 3L at UW this year - what are you all planning for Torts?

adios!