Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted at U Washington  (Read 57606 times)

ant

Re: Accepted at U Washington
« Reply #310 on: February 09, 2005, 02:08:15 PM »
I had a feeling yesterday, but that feeling was wrong, in hindsight. I have another feeling today, and I think this one is the real thing.

You know all this horrible angst and hope and it will suck so hard to get rejected after waiting and hoping for so long. On the other hand, it'll be an oh-so-happy feeling to get in. This wait is eating away at my soul. My soul, people! My soul! :o

otherwise...i look forward to seeing somebody from the crew post an acceptance today (i have a feeling)
(just like every other day)

you have outstanding posts. can't wait till you get some sweet news. that'll make my week :)

JackInTheBox

• Sr. Citizen
  • Eggnog and Pumpkin Pie Shakes Make Me In The Box
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #311 on: February 09, 2005, 02:16:43 PM »
Thanks Nika.  Yeah, it is scary.  Well, I'd rather it happen sooner than later.  Again, though, it is a big reach...the only reason they might take me is because I have some really unique WE...and we all know how much WE counts in the adcomm business.

They didn't say when I would be notified.  I am just assuming it would be soon after review.

LordofLight

« Reply #312 on: February 09, 2005, 02:21:23 PM »
I too am a Duck. Go Ducks! But in case anyone from the UW adcom is reading: Go Dawgs!

Ah, hence the duck.  A Ducks fan!  Damn you!  However, I'll forgive and forget, because you gave the Sonics Luke.  Luke's the little pointguard that could... Don't the dogs play in Eugene tomorrow?

Prondippe

« Reply #313 on: February 09, 2005, 02:22:30 PM »
Any sports fans on this thread?  C'mon McEnroe [Ant], you gotta be with me on this one.
I love the Huskies...in fact
I BLEED PURPLE!

My dad went to the UW and was in their Athletic Training Program back in the 70's he taped Warren Moon's ankles!  We have followed Husky Football up until last year when my little bro walked on and made the WSU Squad - so for now I am a Cougar for a couple years.

My fave Huskies of all time - Shane Pahukoa, Lester Towns, Steve Entman, Beano Bryant, Mario Bailey, Napoleon Kauffman, Rick Phinney, Brock Huard, Mark Brunell, Detlef Schrempf, and me... I played 1 year of soccer for the lady Dawgs.  

I haven't followed the Basketball team too much this year as I don't have TV but I am certain that I will try, if I have time to attend a few football games next year.  I am excited to see Tyrone Willingham turn this program around!

LordofLight

« Reply #314 on: February 09, 2005, 02:24:48 PM »
Thanks Ant  :). If I don't get in, I am going to throw a fit.

you have outstanding posts. can't wait till you get some sweet news. that'll make my week :)

giffy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Mo
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 09, 2005, 02:44:00 PM »
I had a feeling yesterday, but that feeling was wrong, in hindsight. I have another feeling today, and I think this one is the real thing.

You know all this horrible angst and hope and it will suck so hard to get rejected after waiting and hoping for so long. On the other hand, it'll be an oh-so-happy feeling to get in. This wait is eating away at my soul. My soul, people! My soul! :o

otherwise...i look forward to seeing somebody from the crew post an acceptance today (i have a feeling)
(just like every other day)

I think they have such a crazy way of doing admissions jsut so they can @#!* with us. OK off to check the mail...

giffy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Mo
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 09, 2005, 02:46:59 PM »
damn not hear yet.

As Head of Militiristic Affiars. I hereby suggest an invasion of both UW and the post office to discover the truth

JackInTheBox

• Sr. Citizen
  • Eggnog and Pumpkin Pie Shakes Make Me In The Box
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #317 on: February 09, 2005, 02:47:24 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if most (or all) of you received notice before me.  My file just became complete a few days ago when they received my LSDAS report.  I'm sure most of you have been complete for some time now.

seankenn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 09, 2005, 03:38:41 PM »
I too am a Duck. Go Ducks! But in case anyone from the UW adcom is reading: Go Dawgs!

Ah, hence the duck. A Ducks fan! Damn you! However, I'll forgive and forget, because you gave the Sonics Luke. Luke's the little pointguard that could... Don't the dogs play in Eugene tomorrow?

I am the complete opposite.  I am a Dawg for life.  But a more realistic option is Oregon law for myself.  So if I get in there, I will have represent the Purple & Gold whenever possible.  Go Dawgs!

GoHuskies05

« Reply #319 on: February 09, 2005, 03:52:11 PM »
I love this thread!  Keep up the good work everyone.  Go DAWGS!  I can't wait for March Madness and Ty's first game against Air Force.  I just bought my Tyee Tickets.  Being a Husky is the best thing in the world.  This year I flew across the country (I live in DC) for the Oregon game in Eugene.  We were 1-6, soon to be 1-7, and the entire Husky section was packed with purple.  Tell me what fans West of Lincoln will pack the visitors section for a 1-6 team.  I think that may have been my proudest moment.