Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted at U Washington  (Read 57351 times)

LordofLight

Re: Accepted at U Washington
« Reply #300 on: February 09, 2005, 01:27:23 PM »
I had a feeling yesterday, but that feeling was wrong, in hindsight. I have another feeling today, and I think this one is the real thing.

You know all this horrible angst and hope and it will suck so hard to get rejected after waiting and hoping for so long. On the other hand, it'll be an oh-so-happy feeling to get in. This wait is eating away at my soul. My soul, people! My soul! :o

otherwise...i look forward to seeing somebody from the crew post an acceptance today (i have a feeling)
(just like every other day)

DC Duck

« Reply #301 on: February 09, 2005, 01:32:52 PM »
Lordoflight: I suggest taking a nap or something.

DC Duck

« Reply #302 on: February 09, 2005, 01:33:40 PM »
ps.  Sorry about your soul.

kaf7

• No sprikles- For every sprinkle, I shall kill you.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #303 on: February 09, 2005, 01:40:04 PM »
What did you receive from UW to tell you that you were getting in?  Was it a packet?  Small envelope?  Email?

It was a small, business envelope- I was sure it was a rejection.  A few days later, they sent larger package with a course catalogue etc.

Their scholarship app is great- very small form, and you write 100 (yes, 100) words about a general topic (quick history, what area of law you wish to study, etc.).

They don't have an orientation for accepted students, but instead save that for the week before school starts (around Sept. 20).

More important than any legal factors, I'm pretty entralled with UW Basketball right now.  I grew up going to the Bob Bender Camp at the dub, back when their team was in the toilet- it's great to see them running the show it the Pac 10 this year.

Any sports fans on this thread?  C'mon McEnroe [Ant], you gotta be with me on this one.

As for the pending coup on UW Admissions, I've sent stealth agents, posing as Husky puppies, to the campus. 

You all should be recieving acceptance letters at precisely oh-seven-hundred tomorrow.
Accepted: UW, Boston U, Emory, Vanderbilt, Cornell, Notre Dame, USC
Rejected: NYU, Stanford
Waitlisted: Penn
Pending: Harvard, UVa,USC, Duke, Columbia, U Chicago, NWestern, GTown

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=kaf7

LordofLight

« Reply #304 on: February 09, 2005, 01:40:56 PM »
LOL yeah I should chill. I was stressing out but now this gig as president is just compounding the stress.

Lordoflight: I suggest taking a nap or something.

LordofLight

« Reply #305 on: February 09, 2005, 01:43:32 PM »
Great now I want to get admitted even more now  :). Love your avatar Kaf. The skit with Wayne Brady is one of the funniest things I've ever seen: "Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a female dog?" HILARIOUS.

What did you receive from UW to tell you that you were getting in?  Was it a packet?  Small envelope?  Email?

It was a small, business envelope- I was sure it was a rejection.  A few days later, they sent larger package with a course catalogue etc.

Their scholarship app is great- very small form, and you write 100 (yes, 100) words about a general topic (quick history, what area of law you wish to study, etc.).

They don't have an orientation for accepted students, but instead save that for the week before school starts (around Sept. 20).

More important than any legal factors, I'm pretty entralled with UW Basketball right now.  I grew up going to the Bob Bender Camp at the dub, back when their team was in the toilet- it's great to see them running the show it the Pac 10 this year.

Any sports fans on this thread?  C'mon McEnroe [Ant], you gotta be with me on this one.

As for the pending coup on UW Admissions, I've sent stealth agents, posing as Husky puppies, to the campus. 

You all should be recieving acceptance letters at precisely oh-seven-hundred tomorrow.

DC Duck

« Reply #306 on: February 09, 2005, 01:45:27 PM »
Kaf:  Im a huge pac 10 sport fan...unfortunately, I grew up in Eugene.  If admitted to UW, I will never, under ANY circumstances, cheer for their sports team...which is why I shouldn't get it.

kaf7

• No sprikles- For every sprinkle, I shall kill you.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #307 on: February 09, 2005, 01:50:42 PM »
Kaf:  Im a huge pac 10 sport fan...unfortunately, I grew up in Eugene.  If admitted to UW, I will never, under ANY circumstances, cheer for their sports team...which is why I shouldn't get it.

Ah, hence the duck.  A Ducks fan!  Damn you!  However, I'll forgive and forget, because you gave the Sonics Luke.  Luke's the little pointguard that could... Don't the dogs play in Eugene tomorrow?

Great now I want to get admitted even more now  Smiley. Love your avatar Kaf. The skit with Wayne Brady is one of the funniest things I've ever seen: "Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a female dog?" HILARIOUS.

It's GODDAMN HILARIOUS.
Accepted: UW, Boston U, Emory, Vanderbilt, Cornell, Notre Dame, USC
Rejected: NYU, Stanford
Waitlisted: Penn
Pending: Harvard, UVa,USC, Duke, Columbia, U Chicago, NWestern, GTown

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=kaf7

ant

« Reply #308 on: February 09, 2005, 01:59:39 PM »

haha, no, i'm not smart, i'm just european (in the sense that, czech right next to poland, so me not knowing about it would be akin to you not knowing that US has 50 states (which you do know, right ;))

that's why people start laughing at me and spitting on me when i call hawaii the 53rd state :), dammit!

Quote from: nika22

schooling- plan on going for run at about mail time (that way, not harrassing mom about whether mailman came yet...); bought new running shoes, want to keep a tally on how many miles i run on them (haha, which won't be too much right now); how's your marathon training going? did you have to change diet for it (like, cut out alcohol- assuming you drank in first place)?

good plan, your mom's sick of you anyway :)

what kinda shoes did you buy? i had good intentions of recording my mileage last time i bough shoes but never got around to it, man i suck.

training's going alright. i had that wicked long run last week and since then it's just been short runs (40min-1hr). they've been kinda weak though, i don't know why, just seems to cycle from good runs to bad and back.

haven't had to change my diet too much. i've always been pretty anal about eating; no processed foods, whole grains, lotsa protein etc. so that's not really a big change, except i used to eat 4 meals a day, now i eat 5 or 6. as for alcohol, i've never been a big drinker at all. i really like good beer, wine and scotch, but only have maybe 2 or 3 over the course of a week or something so i haven't cut that out, maybe i should, but i don't think that little bit would make a big difference.

has the weather been killer in seattle lately? it is phenomenol here, wicked running weather. you should sign up for a half-marathon, it's such a good feeling to train for something, you'll get addicted.

d'you check out 'moldovan catholic singles online .com yet? i really think it'd be perfect for you.

did dub send your scholarship notice yet?

ant

« Reply #309 on: February 09, 2005, 02:05:42 PM »

yeah, im a sports fan, but gotta admit i'm not too into basketball (not anti or anything, just kinda neutral). more of a football/baseball guy, sorry to disappoint. and no, im not a big tennis fan, just like this picture.