Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted at U Washington  (Read 58153 times)

ant

Re: Accepted at U Washington
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2005, 04:46:02 PM »
I checked LSAC and i didn't list a resident state!! I feel like I am screwed. DCDuck, they contacted you with questions? should I call them before they contact me, just assume it's okay (not a chance I'm doing that), email? This is seriously stressing me out.

I consider wa my residence 'cause I've only lived outside the country (canada) working and going to school and have never established residency anywhere else. I still vote, have a bank account etc. in seattle. I guess I'll just call them and hope for the best.

Cheers

researcher5

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2005, 04:51:59 PM »
Whoa I'm still excited!  Totally unexpected considering my subpar LSAT.  It must have been that $100 I slipped in my app.

Sent: 10/23
Complete: never told ???
Decision: Mailed 1/28

ant

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2005, 05:00:04 PM »
Whoa I'm still excited!  Totally unexpected considering my subpar LSAT.  It must have been that $100 I slipped in my app.

Sent: 10/23
Complete: never told ???
Decision: Mailed 1/28

Congratulations!! you gonna attend?

giffy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Mo
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2005, 05:04:54 PM »
Congrats to all who are in already. Nothing for me so far. I was out of town till today so I don't think mondays mail has come yet. I think I'll go check again...

Damn nothing, but an accept from Willamette.

Conrats researcher5

ant

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2005, 05:12:24 PM »
I'd call or email them to make sure they understand you're a resident. The LSAC report should have a field where it states your state of permanent residency. If that says WA then you're golden. If you do call them, tell them that you received some excellent, almost "lawyerly" advice from LordofLight regarding this matter.

Thanks, LordofLight. I wrote them a 15 page missive recommending you not only on your lawyerlyness, but also high ethical standards, rugged good looks, ability to quote South Park verbatim and personal hygiene.

ps- we should rename this thread 'neurotic seattlites' (and canadians)

Agreed.

So, my nightmare has come true, I just looked on LSAC and realized my app. is indeed screwed up. I currently live in Canada, but grew up, my parents live and worked summers in Seattle. Anyway, I listed myself as in-state b/c I've never established residency anywhere else and I plan on moving back to WA. But I realized my LSAC account has my canadian address as permanent, even though it's temporary. My UW stuff is addressed to my house in edmonds. Anyway, should I write them an email explaining all this to them? or should I call them? Now
I'm really worried, should I be?

seankenn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2005, 05:23:22 PM »
Researcher5,

What were your numbers?

nika22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2005, 05:27:10 PM »
congrats researcher! very exciting considering you didn't think it was a likely chance (although your gpa is, well, perfect)

ant- i would have no qualms calling if i were in your shoes- say something like it just came to your attention that residence was not on your LSAC report, and you wanted to make sure there weren't any problems in processing your application bc of discrepancy- it's only 2:22 right now in seattle, you have plenty of time left to do it today (for peace of mind alone, worth it) good luck!

you know, it just occured to me that i probably shouldn't be expecting anything from UW any time soon, being that file wasn't complete until 12/31... :-\

LordofLight

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2005, 06:06:20 PM »
Nothing today either...just some SU propaganda. I don't want that!

Grats on Willamette tho Giffy.

Congrats to all who are in already. Nothing for me so far. I was out of town till today so I don't think mondays mail has come yet. I think I'll go check again...

Damn nothing, but an accept from Willamette.

Conrats researcher5

ant

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2005, 06:25:59 PM »
congrats researcher! very exciting considering you didn't think it was a likely chance (although your gpa is, well, perfect)

ant- i would have no qualms calling if i were in your shoes- say something like it just came to your attention that residence was not on your LSAC report, and you wanted to make sure there weren't any problems in processing your application bc of discrepancy- it's only 2:22 right now in seattle, you have plenty of time left to do it today (for peace of mind alone, worth it) good luck!

you know, it just occured to me that i probably shouldn't be expecting anything from UW any time soon, being that file wasn't complete until 12/31... :-\

Nika,

Yeah, I just got off the phone with them (called like 7 times, 'we're busy w/ another caller' message each time). Not only am I obsessive compulsive, I'm now a stalker. Anyway, I finally got through to them and she was pretty cool, she sounded a little stressed, but it sounds like everything should be okay. She said they had me listed as in-state, so no problem there. Basically she said all i needed to do was send in an email updating my address, so she was just treating it as an address change, which is sweet 'cause I was worried they were gonna see it as some big residency, this guy is an idiot thing. It was kinda funny though, my internet is messed up so I wrote this big, nicely worded email, then just as I was writing the most important part (my address), it got accidentally sent (awesome), so I had to rewrite it and now they must think I'm a little slow since I cannot even operate email properly. She didn't offer any insight regarding the status of my app., and I was already feeling like too much of a tool to ask. I'm screwed.

As to the late complete date, I went complete on 12/31 too, so I don't think we should be too worried if we don't hear for a week or two. All the acceptances that have come out were complete like 1 mo. before us. Also, the numbers spread looks pretty wide, I'm not sure what your numbers are but it seems like there is reason to be encouraged, no?

that was a long, largely incoherent, post, time for a run. finally work is over.

cheers

researcher5

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2005, 09:24:18 PM »
Oh my stats were 156/4.0 from top 20.  I am going to visit this spring and it is one of my top four choices.

Thanks for all the kind words!