Law School Discussion

Accepted at U Washington

ant

Re: Accepted at U Washington
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2005, 12:27:53 PM »
Somebody email them so we can see if they send out the exact message...

I would, but now everybody's got me worried that I'll irritate them, they probably already don't like me.

I keep having these nightmares (waking and sleeping) that I screwed up my application.

DC Duck

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2005, 12:31:12 PM »
Im not emailing them.  Im a wuss.  Have Nika do it.  She seems confident.

nika22

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2005, 12:37:08 PM »
Im not emailing them. Im a wuss. Have Nika do it. She seems confident.

nope, it's all a front  ;D

(actually, i might cave if don't hear anything by end of week...)

nika22

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2005, 12:38:03 PM »
ps- we should rename this thread 'neurotic seattlites' (and canadians)

ant

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2005, 12:52:42 PM »

Agreed.

So, my nightmare has come true, I just looked on LSAC and realized my app. is indeed screwed up. I currently live in Canada, but grew up, my parents live and worked summers in Seattle. Anyway, I listed myself as in-state b/c I've never established residency anywhere else and I plan on moving back to WA. But I realized my LSAC account has my canadian address as permanent, even though it's temporary. My UW stuff is addressed to my house in edmonds. Anyway, should I write them an email explaining all this to them? or should I call them? Now
I'm really worried, should I be?

DC Duck

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2005, 01:02:40 PM »
I dont think it can hurt to email them.  They contacted me about mine.  I claim washington residency although I currently live in Virginia, work in DC, and went to school in Utah.  It all worked out though and they were very nice about it...plus...you might be able to find out the status of your app.

LordofLight

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2005, 01:03:01 PM »
I'd call or email them to make sure they understand you're a resident. The LSAC report should have a field where it states your state of permanent residency. If that says WA then you're golden. If you do call them, tell them that you received some excellent, almost "lawyerly" advice from LordofLight regarding this matter.

Agreed.

So, my nightmare has come true, I just looked on LSAC and realized my app. is indeed screwed up. I currently live in Canada, but grew up, my parents live and worked summers in Seattle. Anyway, I listed myself as in-state b/c I've never established residency anywhere else and I plan on moving back to WA. But I realized my LSAC account has my canadian address as permanent, even though it's temporary. My UW stuff is addressed to my house in edmonds. Anyway, should I write them an email explaining all this to them? or should I call them? Now
I'm really worried, should I be?

LordofLight

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2005, 01:04:38 PM »
I'm a big wuss and I managed to do it.

Im not emailing them. Im a wuss. Have Nika do it. She seems confident.

nope, it's all a front  ;D

(actually, i might cave if don't hear anything by end of week...)

nika22

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2005, 01:07:12 PM »
If you do call them, tell them that you received some excellent, almost "lawyerly" advice from LordofLight regarding this matter.

alone, that would qualify anybody for 'auto-admit' ;)
(i might use that line when i cave in later this week to check status)

(and i agree with everyone else on this one ant- seems like a significant, yet easily straightened out thing to contact UW about)

giffy

• Mo
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2005, 01:09:08 PM »
Congrats to all who are in already. Nothing for me so far. I was out of town till today so I don't think mondays mail has come yet. I think I'll go check again...