Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: in at wayne state  (Read 3535 times)

Linzy628

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
in at wayne state
« on: January 31, 2005, 12:18:03 AM »
I got the acceptance letter last week. I was really lazy when I applied, because it was a safety school, and I sent in an old application (which i blame them for because i requested admissions materials twice and the law recruiter gave it to me and they all had the old application in it) but I guess that didn't matter. No word on scholarship info.

Has anyone heard from Nova Southeastern????
LSAC GPA 3.63, LSAT 158

Stu

• View Profile
Re: in at wayne state
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 09:19:33 AM »
Way to go! Wayne has a nice program and lots of very successful local attorneys. It's nice to see a fellow EMU student on these boards :)
170/3.7
In: Michigan ($15K), Indiana (w/50% tuition), BU, Cornell
WL: Northwestern
Pending: Harvard, Penn
Ding, ding, ding: U Chicago, Columbia

All*eggs=1basket

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 09:59:13 AM »
congrats linzy628. wayne is where I am hoping to go. When were you complete? I know your numbers are better than mine, but I have been complete since 12/15, so this is the beginning of the 7th week, and I am getting nervous. mad dash to the mailbox everyday. I heard it's just a plain, thin white envelope, true?

Thanks for the info and congrats!
LSDAS GPA 3.71
LSAT 151
Deferred - Wayne State University

Thumbellina

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 05:41:43 PM »
Congrats!! I just took a tour at Wayne last week, and they have a great school (should be moving up in the rankings very soon) I talked to the dean of admissions (such a nice woman) and she says they know they are they are ranked #1 in the third tier right now (I guess 3rd tier schools know where they are ranked even if they don't publish the info)  I was also complete since 12/15 but, she told me las week that the admissions committee had not met since Dec, and were planning on meeting this week.  I had my tour early last week so either they met before Friday, and got acceptances into the mail quickly, or you were accepted earlier and they only just sent out the letters.  Either way, congrats again.  Maybe I'll see you there.
3.77/161
In: Miami, Hofstra ($20k a year), Wayne State, Michigan State, Detroit Mercy, Cooley (85% scholarship)

All*eggs=1basket

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 06:32:59 PM »
Thanks for the information Thumbelina. Very helpful. Wayne is a great school and I agree about its prospects at moving up the ratings a little bit. (Hopefully that doesn't mean that they won't accept me though, lol) My LSAT is below average at Wayne, but my GPA is above, and I am hoping (as pathetic as it may be) that my work exp/LORs from one of the top local law firms will give me a little boost. Nothing in the mail today, but I haven't given up hope yet...any information people can add would be greatly appreciated. ;D
LSDAS GPA 3.71
LSAT 151

wildcataz2004

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 12:39:57 AM »
I talked to the dean of admissions (such a nice woman) and she says they know they are they are ranked #1 in the third tier right now (I guess 3rd tier schools know where they are ranked even if they don't publish the info)

I don't think this is true- third and fourth tier schools are not ranked at all-

maximumtennis82

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 02:31:52 AM »
My bro is a 1L at Wayne so I know a bit about it...so far he loves it.  I know that in the year he accepted, it was in the bottom of tier II (or so I thought).  Their new dean is reportedly awesome (stanford alum, I think), he really really enjoys his classes, has one prof in particular he likes (who has argued in front of the supreme court and has another case pending soon).  If any of y'all attend, look at housing in Royal Oak as the area around the school itself is apparently pretty bad...

Oh and as far as in-Michigan employment prospects, I remember reading in Susan Estrich's book that Wayne is the 2nd best at placement in MI, besides Umich.

Good luck everyone!

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 02:44:13 AM »
My bro is a 1L at Wayne so I know a bit about it...so far he loves it.  I know that in the year he accepted, it was in the bottom of tier II (or so I thought).  Their new dean is reportedly awesome (stanford alum, I think), he really really enjoys his classes, has one prof in particular he likes (who has argued in front of the supreme court and has another case pending soon).  If any of y'all attend, look at housing in Royal Oak as the area around the school itself is apparently pretty bad...

Oh and as far as in-Michigan employment prospects, I remember reading in Susan Estrich's book that Wayne is the 2nd best at placement in MI, besides Umich.

Good luck everyone!

wow,
you have depth... beside's HYSing.
just kidding, go your bro!
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

All*eggs=1basket

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2005, 02:56:43 PM »

Good luck everyone!

I currently live in Royal Oak and it is a great place to live, its not a bad commute to Wayne. Traffic can be a female dog, like anywhere, but just try to avoid rush hour whenever possible. I'm glad to hear about 1Ls who are happy at Wayne, I really hope they let me in. It def has the best placement in Michigan, after U of M of course.
LSDAS GPA 3.71
LSAT 151

Linzy628

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2005, 03:48:18 PM »
My heart is set on moving to florida. I can't suffer through another winter here. I realize that I will have no life and will spend every second in the library no matter which school i'm at, however, i think that being in a sunny warm enviroment will make the transition into law school much more pleasant.
LSAC GPA 3.63, LSAT 158