Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: $$$ at GWU  (Read 855 times)

melissamw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
$$$ at GWU
« on: January 30, 2005, 01:47:39 PM »
While I was in DC for the GULC open house, I got a Presidential merit Scholar offer from GW... 15K a year.  Made me very excited, but guess we'll have to see how everything else pans out.

kristay

Re: $$$ at GWU
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 02:26:40 PM »
That is awesome, Melissa!  Congralations!

alibami_z

• Sr. Citizen
  • Law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 05:19:21 PM »
Congrats, melissamw!

I also went to the GULC open house and was very impressed.  Upon returning, I found out that I've been offered a $20K renewable Presidential Merit Scholarship from GW.  The interim dean also hand wrote a note.  (I think the one on the acceptance letter was printed.)

Are you planning on attending the GW Preview Weekend?
Georgetown University Law Center
Class of 2008

The Name's Dali

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 06:28:02 PM »
Congrats, melissamw!

I also went to the GULC open house and was very impressed.  Upon returning, I found out that I've been offered a $20K renewable Presidential Merit Scholarship from GW.  The interim dean also hand wrote a note.  (I think the one on the acceptance letter was printed.)

So, you going to go for the prestige or the money?

melissamw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 07:09:22 PM »
Congrats, melissamw!

I don't think so.  I visited the school in October and sat in on a class.  I was very impressed by the school.  But, I can't see myself turning down GULC for GWU...  I am having a hard enough time trying to decide if I should turn down Penn for GULC.

Are you planning on going?  Do you think you'll take the scholarship?

alibami_z

• Sr. Citizen
  • Law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 01:24:18 AM »
I feel the same way.  My heart is already at GULC.

I visited GW during the summer and liked it but wasn't wowed.  I visited GULC the same trip and was so pleased.  I'd been praying for a GULC admittance ever since.

I don't see how visiting will change my impression much, but it may.  Now, I'm pretty happy with GULC but my husband saw all the zeros  :o and told me I can't dismiss this.  He wants me to attend the GW open house and give it a serious look.  I'll try to keep an open mind.
Georgetown University Law Center
Class of 2008