Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Who has written a letter of reconsideration?  (Read 4348 times)

critic

Re: Who has written a letter of reconsideration?
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2005, 02:12:02 AM »

I'm also not too sure it reflects well on you that, when you had the chance, you neglected to draw attention to important facts that may have affected the outcome of the committee's decision.
That's the kind of thing that gets lawyers fired and causes firms to pay out on malpractice claims.

This is a good point.

However I think you if you address this in your letter, it should not be a problem.

i.e. if you can think of a good reason why you are giving them this information now and not before.

kristay

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2005, 02:12:53 AM »
 ::)

kernelgt

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2005, 09:39:47 AM »
definitely not joking

I think this is funny.  In addition to any letters of reconsideration, has anyone corresponded with any of the schools that rejected him/her, and how (I guess I mean in the sense of unicorn's purported letter).  Or anything to the effect of "I'm sorry you saw fit to reject me, but ha ha, LFs, I just got accepted at X, a far superior school...I'll bet you feel stupid for rejecting me now!"

dabbycool

• 169/3.61
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2005, 01:27:34 PM »
I know this may not make you feel better now, but you can always go somewhere else, do really well, and then fill out transfer applications to GULC and GW.

vickymaz

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2005, 01:34:25 PM »
There's also the option of sending Valentines cards to the schools that reject you, so that you come across in a creepy, stalker way. "Be Mine", "Our Love Will Never Part Us" etc.

alphalyrae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2005, 03:31:44 PM »

I think this is funny.  In addition to any letters of reconsideration, has anyone corresponded with any of the schools that rejected him/her, and how (I guess I mean in the sense of unicorn's purported letter).  Or anything to the effect of "I'm sorry you saw fit to reject me, but ha ha, LFs, I just got accepted at X, a far superior school...I'll bet you feel stupid for rejecting me now!"

Except I hear sometimes the "lesser" schools realize they must be the safety, and reject people that they know aren't going to attend, because those applicants will clearly have much better offers.
3.81/172
In: Harvard, Boalt, Chicago, Columbia, Michigan, Penn
Waitlisted: Stanford
Rejected: Yale

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=alphalyrae

kernelgt

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2005, 04:14:35 AM »

Except I hear sometimes the "lesser" schools realize they must be the safety, and reject people that they know aren't going to attend, because those applicants will clearly have much better offers.

Yes, but I wonder how often this actually happens...I'm sure to a degree, but a T2 school, or really low T1 school, can't honestly justify dinging an otherwise qualified applicant who, for example's sake, has a 3.9/170 simply because they are going to be accepted to another school...What if said applicant has a certain affinity for that school or if he would prefer to go somewhere for free rather than pay for prestige?

chicago108

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2005, 04:35:58 PM »
Thanks for everyone's feedback.  The reason I didn't mention the recent accomplishments is not because I forgot, but because they happened AFTER I sent out my initial application in early October. 

Anyways, I sent my re-consideration request letter to GULC last week.  I'm not hopeful, but at least they'll know that I'm persistent and it might sway them to accept me as a transfer next year.

And I wish I could say that GULC rejected me because I was shoo in for other top schools.  Unfortunately, this isn't the case. :)