Law School Discussion

was jesus the greatest hebrew and islamic and christian prophet?

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
Re: was jesus the greatest hebrew and islamic and christian prophet?
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2005, 08:27:59 PM »
Wrong again.  Vedism is a polytheistic religion which later developed into Hinduism.  Judaism and Islam are purely monotheistic.  I have 3 suggestions for you:

1. Learn how to spell
2. Read a book once in a while about other people and their beliefs
3. If you still insist on hating people who aren't like you - go find a different forum

hinduism, judaism, buddhism, christianity, ALL stem from Vedism...and that is "written in many books"...check hammurabi's code...for example...monotheism...polyth eism...is irrelevant...all of the former theologies STEM from vedism ;) ...ALL!

u writing that aye am "hating people" is your subjective reaction to something that obviously made you think...aye "love people."

and as far as spelling goes that iz my prerogative...

now, {to grin and smile}...glad you gave up? ;)

px.o.rsta

Xony

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2005, 03:53:47 PM »
a small correction.  All jews, not just the orthodox hold the covent with god (sans jesus) to be binding.

1 word of advice though... I'd stay away from arguing with indigowarrior.... let him rant and rave to himself like the crazy fool that he is.

Xony

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2005, 04:04:39 PM »
"Jews for Jesus" are in fact Christians.

Xony

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2005, 04:10:26 PM »
hahahahhahaa  this is hillarious!!

christian jews..hehehehaa

sorry, no such thing.  The basis of Judaism is that the messiah has not come.  The basis of Christianity is that he has in the form of Jesus.  So you have to pick 1.

You can't be both

Xony

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2005, 04:29:04 PM »
Jewish doesnt have to be of hebrew descent.  You can be buddhist of descent and convert to Judaism.  They believe in Christ as a moral good man who preached all sorts of good things to his fellow Jews.  they don't see him as a son of god anymore then you or i are sons of god.  they most certainly do not pray to him

Orthodox Judaism isn't a sect.. it is the observance level of the same religion that the conservative and the reform jews believe in. 

Live and let live, amen!

Jennaye

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2005, 04:57:59 PM »
Judaism is a food group.  Pastrami on rye, kugel, gefilte fish, chopped liver, bagel and lox...

Xony

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2005, 07:14:07 PM »
they view hebrew and jew as interchangeable.  to them it's racial, not religious distinction.  they count themselves as "jews" which in their mind means "direct descendant of Abraham"

it's a semantics issue

not completely true.. Judaism has elements of religion (prayers, holidays, able to convert into it) and also elements of peoplehood (food, culture, language).  But you do not have to be a direct descendant of Abraham to be jewish - you can convert. 

amelus

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2005, 07:39:39 PM »
i wont get in this other than to say that most people within the "jews for jesus" group are not in fact jewish at all. 

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2005, 12:26:18 AM »
i wont get in this other than to say that most people within the "jews for jesus" group are not in fact jewish at all. 

jews for jesus is a christian based organisation...period...

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2005, 12:40:09 AM »
my question was simple...just break it down...what defines a prophet?...

and it can be applied in many different ways...it is simply subjective...as is a belief...from individual to individual...

aye was recently reading about some violent prophets in the torah and some of the violence in the torah and though aye have my own beliefs...aye thought about the lawyer gahndhi...and thought...hmmm...he was similar to the descriptions of a prophet...

then aye thought about muhammed...and then aye thought about isus...who WAS a rabbi...and aye thought aye would put this to other law students...some of whom have testosterone on the brain...or an over abundance of estrogen...

but...aye have come to the conclusion that not just on this board or other message boards no one could come up with a more influential and yet, peaceful, and righteous figure..who ancient writers who were non-religious thought of as influential...

and to me greatness is in length of time and righteousness.

vedic priests are above the discussion...so aye put the question out there to the population theological...

and aye wonder if jews can accept a peaceful rabbi...EVER...as one who made them a people...after all are not all hashem worshipers waiting for the messianic messanger???

an analogy...without muhammed ali...would there be a howard cosell??

stink about it?

px.o.rsta