Law School Discussion

was jesus the greatest hebrew and islamic and christian prophet?

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
Re: was jesus the greatest hebrew and islamic and christian prophet?
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2005, 09:20:54 PM »
IW's just trying to appear smart/clever through sheer force, but is ultimately unable to conquer his greatest demon: the dictionary.

how is this for something out of the dig shun ary...are you al bahkah gaiging?...

what about words in the wickedary...by mary daly...a good book...

and the dictionary is actually won of my favorite books :)...thanks for the compliment, though that was sweet...but has nothing to do with the original question...

do you have an answer, my little speller?...or cannot you say: yes or no? 

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2005, 08:53:14 PM »
I.W., are you saying that the only question of any significance here is the one in your subject line? When I first saw this thread that's what I thought you were asking, but most people who pose a question in the subject line then further clarify it in the text of the post. Your "clarification" only caused confusion for me. And, honestly, I can usually translate your online accent, but I almost always get lost when your punctuation might or might not be missing. Here's an example: "now, jesus, the rabai was just that...a teacher...period..." Are you talking to Jesus about the rabbi or are you talking about Jesus, the rabbi?

And another thing, the more I read your posts the more I think you and Julie Fern are one in the same.

confusion in your law "logic" techniques or confusion because you were actually confused?

that is a rhetorical question.

my question was in the subject line.

and the whole time aye thought you did not understand what a rabbi was?...how silly of me.. ;)

so now, it is not in the spelling; it is the punctuation...is that correct?

answer this...

did you understand the qi as "chi" or "Ta" as an element?

answer that...only then can you be allowed to join in the game.

my friend, can you just answer the question?

of the subject.

don't worry :) aye am sure jesus willn't take it out on you...he has been dead for over two thousand years...why are you so scared ::) ;)

and julie fern, please...don't make me phart...

you must be a new person to the law board...aye am who aye am...always was and always will try to remain the same ;)

px.o.rsta

now 2 t...do you have an answer to the question?  aye often do this when children ask...

was jesus the greatest hebrew and islamic and christian prophet?

is the "special" invitation to you clear??

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2005, 11:07:32 PM »
Patronizing. It suits you.

Look, it's both your "online accent" and your punctuation. You obviously do it on purpose to paint yourself as unique and special. Just like Julie Fern (ya know, now that I think of it, even your argumentation is similar).

And "Qi Ta" is a play on cheetah (I think you already knew this). It translates from Chinese to mean "other." It has nothing to do with the element Tantalum (or Tantalos, the origin of the element's name).

As for the question in your subject line, the answer is clearly no.

patronizing is all in the "eye of the beholder"

wow, it took a lot to get a no out of you...if you really meant a no you would have just said "no".

you said "the answer is clearly no."  and that is a suspicious answer...why do you have second thoughts?

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2005, 10:28:48 PM »
"Eye of the beholder"? I suppose you're right, because I'm not willing to give you enough credit to realize for yourself just how condescending you are much of the time.

And you think I gave you a "suspicious answer"? Please. Let's go back in time to the moment I first read the subject line of your thread. I read it and said to myself, "Well, duh. No." But then decided that I should read the text of your post to make sure it wasn't some weak attempt at an intellectual trap. As it turned out, your post was a convoluted mess of nonsense. In an effort to give you the benefit of the doubt I asked you to clarify your question. But you did not take that opportunity to hone your question, you only spouted off more blather. So, when left with only the question in your subject line it is remarkably easy for me to respond. The answer is no. Period. There is nothing else that I "really mean" and I have no second thoughts.

condescending words are truly in the "eye of the beholder".  and yes, it was a "suspicious answer".  aye think that agnostics question a great deal of the time and so do athiests...you cannot form an opinion or a "belief" for that matter...(as an intelligent questioner unless you have questioned the "thought" or "idea" or the "hypothesis") and answers to the questions come from inside the inquisitive individual...and some "listening"...and are steered by outside and personal influences.

...and the question which was posed really needed no clarification...but as the "suspicious questioner" that you were...asking me to explain my "spelling" ha ha...and my punctuation...made me suspicious of your answer...now aye know...do the work on your own from now on...and it opens up the mind :)

next time...a simple yes or no...like others who responded to this "bit of yarn" would suffixe... ;)....

get me now, my man?

[no. was your response]...

and the answer to the question.
"...greatest prophet..." is totally subjective anyway...

now....

what "prophet" or "enlightened individual" (if you prefer) would you put as "the greatest"?

...aye hope you say...."muhammed ali" :) because he was one to "be" like.

px.o.rsta

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2005, 01:01:37 AM »
After this last post I'm convinced you're Julie Fern. You try to present yourself as "special" just like Julie, you argue just like Julie, you focus on only the part of the argument that allows you to complain (a part that is NEVER central to the argument) just like Julie, and you lack the ability, due to your outrageous arrogance, to truly see someone else's point of view.

Enough about that.

Back to your subject line (since you refuse to clarify this thread in any of your posts). You asked, "was jesus the greatest hebrew and islamic and christian prophet?" That's three separate question combined to form one. I'd probably argue that they are answered no, no, yes. But this equals no. A fool might be even try to answer no, yes, yes. But that also equals no.

The only way your infantile question results in a yes is if all three questions are answered with yes. Do you seriously think this is possible? Are you trying to tell Jews that Jesus is their greatest prophet? Jewish scripture only identifies 55 prophets of Israel, and Jesus isn't one of them. But if you need to me list the greatest I'll go with Abraham. And Muslims. I seem to recall that the Qu'ran talks of Jesus (known as 'Isa in Arabic) as a great prophet, but I also seem to recall Islam referring to Muhammad as the Last Prophet, the model for humanity of all walks of life. You would be wrong to say that anyone other than Muhammad is a Muslim's greatest prophet. As for Christianity, I don't think anyone beats out Jesus. He did open the gates of heaven after all.

I'd love to hear you explain how I'm wrong.

how can a rabbai be wrong?

and in the old test. there are many passeges re...isa or jsa or eus or the mes....and many jews today recognize jesus...afterall he is the only one to prove the early rabbais as hypocrites...even before the word hypocrite was invented...

isau merely called the early "lawyers" LIARS...and abbah was watching ;)

s.p. the spirit of indigo is going to be making fun uf hebrew lore and catholic lore and islamic lore for a while...esp since...

israel cannot get along with palistine

and palestine cannot get along with israel

so...

jesus sent the holy spirit to calm the situation...now...get some fuching rest..

or else.....

ps..re read isa..jesus....was a prophet...go re read your text you foolish farting fagg of twigs....what are you a true "bachae gaiging" aye think so...idiot...that you are...fool.

to bad you can't simply answer "no" you obviously are in need of some serious help...and jesus was a hebrew prophet...so god bless your answer...ha ha...re-read the history..by "pliny the younger" or "tacitus" you stupid closed eyed slant.

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2005, 02:22:57 AM »
I'll ask God tonight - He'll know.  I'll post His answer tomorrow and don't even think about arguing with it!

Xony

• AOL Instant Messenger - jimaxony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2005, 08:25:41 AM »
Jewish beliefs about Jesus vary.  Some see him as a great moral teacher, others see him as a false prophet.  And Jews don't believe that Jesus was a son of God any more then you or I are children of God. 

So the answer to the original Subject heading is an emphatic NO

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2005, 09:37:18 AM »
Jewish beliefs about Jesus vary.  Some see him as a great moral teacher, others see him as a false prophet.  And Jews don't believe that Jesus was a son of God any more then you or I are children of God. 

So the answer to the original Subject heading is an emphatic NO

thank you...now that was an answer from someone with insight...

but moral teacher is close...rabi is closer ;) and "great moral teacher" is an answer to suffice.

Xony

• AOL Instant Messenger - jimaxony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2005, 09:40:42 AM »
Jesus wasn't a rabbi.  One cannot just declare themselves a rabbi, to become one you have to be ordained.  Why so much interest on the topic?

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2005, 12:25:40 AM »
Jesus wasn't a rabbi.  One cannot just declare themselves a rabbi, to become one you have to be ordained.  Why so much interest on the topic?

jesus was a rabbi...he was spiritual leader of a Jewish congregation; qualified to expound and apply Jewish THOUGHT. and that my friend is fact.

so, are you a catholic?....using the word "ordained"...be careful of the wordz u choose.

my interest is my concern...aye am interested in what others think...and u, my friend are okay...esp. in your choice of wordz.

from tacitus...

however...you are wrong...in one aspect...jesus, from whom the name "a hem" had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of chi berius at the hands of one of our procurators, tontius pilaetus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in judaea, the first source of the problem...ha ha., but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world found their centre and become popular.

my tiny question to you is why do jewish..isr or jud or ashkanrn...fear a man who has been dead for over 2000 years?  because aye have seen orthydox jews running and hiding when aye mention the name "jesus" so you cannot tell me that he was not a false prophet...

hmm...what did this jesus rabbi actually say???  one student of rabbinic law must confess it was something...or "brush the rabbinic teachings of jesus from bethlehem under the rug."...

that would be like telling a jew that she is not "chosen"  or eat the ass of a cow or eat a crab...or smell a fire...when you do not know if it is a pig farm....hmmm...wonder if hashem would really care....do you get my meaning???

and

jews are ignorant...as far as history and the "factual" law represents...they look to other cultures as a crutch...and while that is okay...it is...

simple-minded.

px.o.rsta.