Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ranking Swap  (Read 826 times)

giffy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Mo
    • View Profile
Ranking Swap
« on: January 30, 2005, 12:52:24 AM »
Has anyone ever heard of tow schools in a region swapping places. I am thinking specifically about UW and Seattle U. Everyone seems to talk about Seattle U being on the rise and UW as having problems. There employment snafu/rating slips being a big part of it. Is it unprecedented for a lower ranked school to overtake a higher ranked school in a specific market given that they are about 60 spots apart or has it happened before and if so where.

akl

• View Profile
Re: Ranking Swap
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 08:36:56 PM »
seattle u will never ever get past UW, thats a ridicoulus idea
3.5/169

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 01:06:33 AM »
Such a swap could happen between 2 closely ranked schools, such as Columbia/NYU in NYC, UCLA/USC in LA. But not between two schools so far apart such as UW and SeattleU, don't see that ever happening.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

ant

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 12:41:31 PM »

I gotta agree that it would be a stretch for that to happen. UW has way more resources, gov't backing, facilities and money. I think even if the law school totally fell apart, the reputation for the rest of UW (med school etc.), football program (even though that seems to be a shambles right now), would keep it afloat long enough to rebuild. I could be totally wrong, but that's my guess.